Use these Quick Toddler Meal Ideas to inspire some easy, healthy new breakfasts, lunches and dinners for your kids!
Last year I shared several large roundups of toddler meal ideas and they were quite popular. I strongly believe that their popularity is not based on the fact that the meals I feed my kids are crazy unique or exceptional….it’s simply because as a parent, coming up with stuff to feed your kid every day can get overwhelming. It’s easy to find a few things they like and serve them over and over again instead of trying new things and battling with them to try to get them to eat.
I share these roundups not because I think you should be giving your kids these exact meals…but because I hope that perhaps they’ll give you some inspiration or spark some new ideas! Maybe you’ll just see a few components of a few meals and think “hey! I’ve never tried serving that to my kid”. I consider that a win.
Important note- the plates are from Re-Play Recycled. (affiliate link) They’re our favorite.
A few things to remember:
- When I think about how I feed my kids, I try to look at the whole week nutritionally, not a single day. So yes, not all of these meals have vegetables or are perfectly balanced.
- There are food item repeats because he’s 3 and definitely has his favorites (and a couple photos I put in the collages twice on accident)
- These are all from the span of a month or two. Certain things, like pears, are in season so we eat them a lot. You could easily sub other fruits or veggies for the ones I have shown.
- This is just meant to give ideas. All kids eat different amounts and varieties.
- This is mostly lunch and dinner. He eats pretty much the same thing for breakfast every day, but there are a few breakfasts pictured.
- I labeled brands the first time the product appeared but not each time throughout the post
- No, he does not always eat everything I serve him.
So here are some ideas!
- Peas, buttered noodles and smoked salmon
- Mashed squash, cinnamon applesauce, oatmeal with Crazy Richard’s peanut butter
- Siggi’s yogurt, cucumbers with Sabra hummus & baked oatmeal french toast sticks
- Roasted sweet potatoes, confetti cauliflower rice, hamburger with Annie’s ketchup
- Apple slices, carrots with ranch, naan pizza with mushrooms and meatballs
- Cherry tomatoes, Garden of Eatin chips with hummus, peanut butter & banana sandwich (Dave’s Killer Bread)
- Maple bacon roasted carrots, avocado, Cajun meatloaf and pears
- Simple Mills crackers with hummus, carrots with ranch, Lasagna soup
- Steamed peas, Triscuits with guac, chicken sausage and an apple
- Carrots & ranch, pears, crackers and smoked salmon
- Steamed sweet potatoes, yogurt, Kodiak cakes
- Broccoli tots, strawberries, turkey, hummus & cheese roll-up
- Spaghetti, Chocolate Butternut Squash Muffin, pulled pork with bbq sauce
- Yogurt, noodles, Instant Pot Hummus Chicken, pears
- Roasted sweet potato, Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies, Plainville Organic Turkey, pears
- Pears, Carrots & Hummus, Quesadilla with hummus, chicken and cheese
- Spinach and cheese tortellini, roasted broccoli, crockpot meatball
- Cottage cheese, carrots, blackberries, sweet & spicy bacon wrapped chicken
- Pears, chicken pad thai, roasted sweet potatoes, egg wrap
- Cheese + ground beef quesadilla, steamed mixed veggies, pulled chicken and avocado
- Clementine, Alexia Sweet Potato Puffs, meatloaf
- Peanut Butter & Jelly, cold mixed veggies, smoked salmon
- Date with peanut butter, paprika roasted carrots, turkey and hummus sandwich
- Strawberries, yogurt, Bisquick + cottage cheese pancakes
- No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Bite, steamed green beans, Kodiak cakes with peanut butter
- Steamed sweet potatoes, Chickpea buckeye, peanut butter toast, chicken sausage
- Sweet potatoes, pears and turkey sandwich
- Pears, carrots with ranch, chicken & sweet potato chili
- Peas, mac and cheese, bbq pulled pork
- Chickpea buckeye, yogurt, cold green beans, hard boiled egg, pears
- Grapes, chips, hummus, pulled pork
- Graham crackers, banana, roasted squash and turkey
- Strawberries, Triscuits with hummus, chicken and sweet potato chili
- Applesauce (plus probiotic), hb egg, ham sandwich
- Fried egg, pears, pb&j toast
- Chocolate squash muffin, pears, Asian chicken and carrots
- Kiwi, cottage cheese, chocolate chip pancake, fried egg
- Pears, mac and cheese with sausage and peas, pb toast, tuna quinoa cake
- Strawberries, beans, pork and mac and cheese
- Pears, yogurt, egg wrap
- Fried egg, mandarin oranges, waffled french toast
- Cottage cheese, chips and hummus, bbq pulled pork
- Cottage cheese, carrots and hummus, beer braised pulled pork, crackers
- Strawberries, curry roasted sweet potatoes, pb&J and lemon broccoli
- Shells with marinara, green beans, tuna quinoa cake
- Roasted broccoli, blueberries, pulled pork, brown rice
- Corn, carrots and hummus, black bean quesadilla
- Pickle, roasted green beans, baked chicken
- Peas, sweet potato banana bite, hummus, hard boiled egg, strawberries
- Sweet potato fries, noodles with marinara, guacamole, crackers, chicken sausage
- Strawberries, girl scout cookie, mac and cheese with sausage and peas
- Strawberries, cucumbers with hummus, turkey club wrap
- Yogurt, clementine, egg wrap
- Clementine, deconstructed chicken philly sandwich
**You can find the plates I use from Re-Play Recycled (affiliate link)**
That’s it for this round. If you’re looking for more ideas, you can check out:
- 28 Easy Toddler Meals
- 40 Healthy Toddler Meals
- 50 Healthy Toddler Meal Ideas
- 50+ Toddler Meal Ideas (free PDF download)
If you’re interested in seeing exactly what my kids choose to eat vs what I serve them, be sure to follow me on Instagram. Most days I share shots of what I serve them for lunch and dinner, plus after shots to show what they actually ate. You can also check out this post on What My Toddler Chose to Eat. And if you want more tips and tricks for feeding young kids, check out my Table Talk ebook!
And if you’re interested in my feeding philosophy check out this post on Why My Toddler Doesn’t Always Eat What I Eat.