Bursting with citrus flavor, these Lemon Energy Balls make the perfect snack. Made with just 5 ingredients, they’re gluten-free, paleo-friendly and perfect for stashing in the fridge or freezer!
Lately I’ve been loving energy balls for an afternoon snack. I was on a chocolate kick for a while…pretty sure I ate at least 4 entire batches of these No-Bake Peppermint Chocolate Bites (sans candy cane) all by myself in December. To kick off the new year, I decided it was time to change things up. These lemon balls are about as far from chocolate as you can get while still being considered the same kind of snack.
Sometimes I forget how much I love lemon-flavored things! They’re so light and refreshing. These little bites of lemony goodness are made with just a few simple ingredients but they’re packed with lemon flavor! If you’re looking for some extra protein, I bet some vanilla protein powder would make a great addition.
Here’s how you make them:Print
Lemon Energy Balls
Bursting with citrus flavor, these Lemon Energy balls make the perfect snack. Made with just 5 ingredients, they’re gluten-free, paleo-friendly and perfect for stashing in the fridge or freezer!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 14 balls 1x
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- zest and juice from a medium lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- Put dates, nuts and seeds in a food processor and pulse several times to chop.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and vanilla and process until mixture comes together.
- Form into balls and store in the fridge or freezer. (I made 14 balls).
Doesn’t get much easier than that does it? I store mine in the freezer. They don’t get super hard, so you don’t have to wait for them to thaw before eating, but it keeps them nice and cold. I’m sure they’d also be fine if you stored them in the fridge.