Looking for the best healthy Walmart snacks? Here are some ideas for everything from chips, crackers and granola bars to protein and frozen snacks.
We’re continuing our snack series with the best Walmart snacks. You can also find the best Costco snacks , Healthy Amazon Snacks or the best Trader Joe’s snacks if you need them! Or for a more general list, check out 60+ Healthy Packaged Snacks for kids.
Remember that all of these snacks would also be great in lunch boxes! If you need help packing lunches check out my Month of Easy Packed Lunch Ideas For Kids guide.
Walmart Best Snacks
So what are the best snacks at Walmart? As a Registered Dietitian and mom of 3, here are some general guidelines I try to follow and recommend:
- I try to choose snacks that have at least 2g of both protein and fiber most of the time.
- I focus on making sure snacks include protein so if I have a snack like crackers or cereal, I pair it with a protein like yogurt or turkey etc.
- I try to limit added sugar to 6g or less whenever possible. Occasionally 7-8g, but snacks with 9+ grams of added sugar or more are more like treats than snacks in my opinion.
- I check the sodium content but it doesn’t always make or break my choices. Remember that 140mg or less of sodium per serving is generally considered low sodium.
Walmart Snacks Chips
If you’re looking for crunchy/salty snacks like chips and crackers, here are some ideas:
- Ritz Toasted Pita Chips
- Goya Plantain Chips
- New York Style Bagel Crisps
- Crunchmaster’s Multi-Seed Crackers
- Great Value Vegetable Chip Mix
- Terra Sweet Potato Chips
- Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn (made with avocado oil)
- Great Value Thin Wheat Crackers
- Great Value Woven Wheat Crackers
- Late July Sea Salt Thin and Crispy Chips
- Whisps Cheese Crisps
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers
- Great Value Mountain Trail Mix
- Great Value Shelled Pistachios (are any of their nuts!)
- Triscuit Thin Crisps
Reminder to pair crackers and chips with some extra protein if possible!
Walmart Protein Snacks
If you need protein-based snacks:
- Stonyfield Organic Kids yogurt cups
- Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Vanilla Yogurt
- Great Value Plain Greek Yogurt (Walmart doesn’t have many good lower sugar yogurt options so an easy solution is to mix plain and flavored yogurt together to reduce the sugar content!)
- Breakstone’s Cottage Doubles
- Great Value Cheese Cubes
- Frigo Combo Pack – Colby Jack cheese & turkey sticks
- Chobani drinkable yogurt
- Great Value frozen edamame
- Lorissa’s Kitchen jerky
- Great Value Hard Boiled Eggs
- Horizon Organic shelf stable milk
- Great Value cheese sticks
- GogoSqueez Morning Smoothies
- Oscar Mayer Natural turkey breast
Walmart Fruit Snacks
Ideas for snacks involving fruit:
- Great Value Dried Apricots (or any other unsweetened dried fruit)
- Great Value Triple Berry Blend frozen berries (mix with milk and spinach for a quick smoothie!
- Great Value Banana Chips
- Great Value Bursting Berry fruit pouches
- Freshness Guaranteed Mild Guacamole (great with plantain chips!)
- Wymans Just Fruit & Greek Yogurt Bites
- Mamma Chia Squeeze
- Great Value Unsweetened Applesauce
- Great Value Diced Fruit in 100% juice
Remember fruit are a carb source so pair with protein or healthy fats for a more filling snack!
Walmart Granola Bar Snacks
Ideas for the best bars Walmart offers. Many of these contain nuts so if your school is nut-free you might need other options:
- Nature’s Bakery Baked-Ins
- Belvita Soft Baked Cookies (a little higher in added sugar but also have some protein and fiber)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Date & Nut Bars (very similar to Larabars)
- Happykid Bars
- Bear Naked Granola (add to yogurt for a parfait!)
- Safe & Fair Birthday Cake Granola (top allergen-free!)
- KIND Dark Chocolate Chunk Bars
- KIND Nut Butter Filled Snack Bars
- KIND Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars
- Kashi Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Bars
- Larabar Minis
- Simple Mills Dark Chocolate Almond Soft Baked Bars
- RX Kids Bars
Here’s a list I made of Healthy Storebought Granola Bars for Kids.
Walmart Carb Snacks
Some healthy carb sources for snacks:
- Dave’s Killer Bread Thin-Sliced
- Dave’s Killer Bread Raisin’ The Roof
- Thomas Whole Wheat English Muffins
- Aladdin’s Small Pitas
- Great Value Quick Oats (oatmeal or overnight oats make a great snack!
- KIND Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal – if you want pre-flavored packets
- Quaker Fruit & Cream – these are a little higher in sugar than I’d like but occasionally fine (I ate them all the time growing up 🙂
- Nature’s Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread (for sandwiches, french toast etc)
- Great Value Rice Squares – here are more Lower Sugar Cereals for Kids
Walmart Individual Snacks
At Walmart P3 snacks and other convenience snacks like them are readily available. While these are fine occasionally, I highly encourage you to make your own to save money. You can easily buy a bag of cheese cubes, some nuts and dried fruit, a box of crackers and a package of lunch meat and recreate all of these for much cheaper!
Walmart Frozen Snacks
If you are looking specifically for frozen snacks here a few ideas:
- Ian’s Fish Sticks
- Great Value Edamame
- Amy’s Frozen Burritos/Enchiladas
- Tyson Chicken Nuggets/Patties
- Red’s Chicken & Cheddar Burritos (a little higher in sodium than I’d like)
- Siete Almond Flour Tortillas (to make quesadillas or tacos)
- Kodiak Power Flapjacks
Walmart Diabetic Snacks
And in case you’re looking for the best Walmart snacks for diabetics specifically? I wanted to share a few that might be chosen by my husband who is a type 1 diabetic:
- Simple Mills Almond Crackers
- Great Value Cheese sticks
- Great Value Nuts
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Turkey sandwiches
- Crunchmaster crackers
- Triscuit thin crisps
- Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn
- Simple Mills Soft Baked Bars
- Whisps cheese crisps
Did you find any new ideas?
Want more snack posts?
- Lower Sugar Cereals For Kids
- Healthy Store-Bought Granola Bars for Kids
- Healthy Snacks For Toddlers
- After School Healthy Snacks
- Healthy Road Trip Snacks
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!