Like English muffin pizza? These Frozen English Muffin Mini Pizzas are perfect for a quick, kid-friendly lunch or snack. Make them ahead of time and pop in the microwave for one minute when you want one!
I’m sharing these Frozen English Muffin Mini Pizzas today because they’ve been a favorite snack around here for a while now and I realized I hadn’t officially shared them with all of you!
They are so easy to make and super easy to customize as well based on taste preferences. I make a bunch all at once and freeze them and then when you need one you just pop it on a plate and microwave for one minute. Ta da!
These are perfect for food prep! Want to learn more food prep tips and tricks? Check out my course Mastering Food Prep!
Frozen English Muffin Pizza
How To Make English Muffin Pizza
- English muffins – I love the ones from Dave’s Killer Bread or Thomas. If you want something a little bigger, Brownberry sandwich thins work well!
- Pizza sauce – If I don’t have that, spaghetti sauce works just fine
- Hummus – This is optional, but if you haven’t tried adding a layer of hummus to things like pizza, quesadillas etc for your kids you should give it a whirl. My kids don’t really eat chickpeas any other way so it’s an easy way to add some nutrients without altering the taste. I never hide it though! They know it’s on there.
- Toppings – If you want them! I use chopped pepperonis or chicken sausage usually. Sometimes I add leftover shredded chicken or finely chopped vegetables.
- Cheese – duh!
These mini pizzas are a great snack option. My five-year-old can easily grab one from the freezer to microwave for himself. They’re also great to have on hand for a quick lunch. You could also make an English muffin pizza air fryer style. I haven’t tried it myself but my guess is it would take 8-10 minutes.
Here’s the recipe for English muffin pizza:
English Muffin Pizza RecipePrint
Frozen English Muffin Mini Pizzas
These Frozen English Muffin Mini Pizzas are perfect for a quick, kid-friendly lunch or snack. Make them ahead of time and pop in the microwave for one minute when you want one!
- English muffins
- Hummus (optional)
- Pizza sauce
- toppings (sausage, pepperoni, veggies, etc)
- shredded cheese
- Break English muffins in half and place them on a plate or baking sheet.
- Spread a thin layer of hummus on each one (optional)
- Spread a layer of pizza sauce on top of the hummus.
- Add toppings.
- Add cheese. (I put the toppings under the cheese because otherwise they tend to fall off the frozen pizzas)
- Place tray in the freezer until frozen.
- Place in a freezer-safe bag.
- When ready to serve, place one pizza on a plate and microwave 1 minute.
You can wrap the pizzas in saran wrap before putting in a bag if you want.
See what I mean? So easy! Make as many or as few as you’d like.
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!