Looking for the best Trader Joe’s snacks? Here are 35+ healthy snack ideas from cereal and oatmeal to popcorn and granola bars.
We’re continuing our healthy snack series with some ideas for healthy snacks from Trader Joe’s. I don’t have a location super close to me so I only shop there 3-4 times a year but when I do go, I always find some good stuff. I wanted to share some things I found on my last trip that would be good for snack time! I look for things that have both some protein and some fiber (usually at least 2g each) and are relatively low in added sugar (I aim for 6g or less, sometimes 7-8g).
If you’re looking for more snack ideas, check out these posts:
- Healthy Amazon Snacks
- Best Trader Joe’s Snacks
- Best Healthy Walmart Snacks
Healthy Snacks At Costco For The Whole Family
- Healthy Snacks For Toddlers
- Peanut & Tree Nut Free Packaged Snacks
- Lower Sugar Cereals For Kids
- Healthy Store-Bought Granola Bars for Kids
- 60+ Healthy Packaged Snacks For Kids
- After School Healthy Snacks
- Healthy Road Trip Snacks
These snack ideas also make great additions to lunch boxes! If you need more lunch ideas, check out my guide: A Month of Easy Packed Lunches For Kids.
Are you ready for some ideas? Here we go! I’ve tried to include the amount of protein, fiber and sugar for your convenience but remember it can change so check your labels!
Best Trader Joe’s Snacks
Remember that traditional breakfast foods aren’t just for breakfast, they make great snacks too! Trader Joe’s has lots of great cereal options (at a great price!) that can be eaten plain, with milk, in trail mix etc. I look for cereals with at least 2 grams of protein and fiber and 6 grams or less of added sugar. Here’s The Ultimate List of Lower Sugar Cereals For Kids if you want more options. Oatmeal is another great snack that can be made quickly. Make it with milk, add peanut butter for protein and fruit for sweetness.
Trader Joe’s Good Snacks (or breakfasts!)
- Trader Joe’s O’s (3g fiber, 3g protein, 1g sugar)
- Trader Joe’s Crunchy Almond Butter Puffs (2g fiber, 6g protein, 6g sugar/5g added)
- Barbara’s Puffins (6g fiber, 3g protein, 6g sugar)
- Nature’s Path Heritage Flakes (7g fiber, 5g protein, 5g sugar)
- Classic Oatmeal Cups (6g fiber, 8g protein, 0g sugar)
- Unsweetened Instant Oatmeal (4g fiber, 5g protein, 0g sugar)
- Trader Joe’s Multigrain Toaster Waffles (5g fiber, 2g protein, 7g sugar)
- Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat English Muffins (3g fiber, 6g protein, 2g sugar)
- Trader Joes Whole Wheat Bread (2g fiber, 4g protein, 1g sugar) – they also have a sprouted wheat sourdough sliced bread!
Trader Joe’s also has tons of healthy snack bars! Here’s a list of Healthy Store Bought Granola Bars for Kids if you want more options. In general, for bars, I look for at least 2g protein and fiber and 6g or less added sugar (sometimes 7-8g).
Trader Joe’s Snacks Best Granola Bars
- Trader Joe’s Raises The Bar (3g fiber, 2g protein, 8g sugar)
- Trader Joe’s These Peanuts Went On A Date Bars (1g fiber, 4g protein, 16g sugar/0g added)
- Trader Joe’s ABC Bars (2g fiber, 4g protein, 6g sugar/4g added)
- Trader Joe’s Organic Hemp Seed Bars (1g fiber, 3g protein, 5g sugar/3g added)
- Trader Joe’s Organic Chia Bars (3g fiber, 3g protein, 4g sugar)
- Trader Joe’s This Coconut Brings Chocolate on a Date Bars (4g fiber, 3g protein, 15g sugar/0g added)
- Trader Joe’s Mixed Berry Granola Bites – not pictured – 2g fiber, 2g protein, 6g sugar/4g added)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Frooze Balls – (9g fiber, 5g protein, 31g sugar/5g added)
- Trader Joe’s Happy Trekking Trail Mix – (2g fiber, 4g protein, 8g sugar)
- Trader Joe’s Apple Carrot Fruit Sauce Crushers (2g fiber, 0g protein)
Need crunchy snack options?
Crackers from Trader Joe’s
- Soft Baked Sunflower Butter Cookies (nut-free for school!)
- Trader Joe’s Multigrain Crackers (3g fiber, 2g protein, 2g sugar)
- Trader Joe’s Bite-Sized Cheesy Crackers (0g fiber, 5g protein, 0g sugar)
- Trader Joe’s 3 Seed Sweet Potato Crackers (2g fiber, 2g protein, 2g sugar/0g added)
- Trader Joe’s Inner Peas (4g fiber, 5g protein, less than 1 g sugar)
- Trader Joe’s Bambas (2g fiber, 5g protein, less than 1g sugar)
- Trader Joes Organic Popcorn with EVOO (3g fiber, 3g protein, 0g sugar)
- Trader Joe’s Crisp Crunchy Crisps (3g fiber, 4g protein, 0g sugar)
- Almond Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets (2g fiber, 5g protein, 4g sugar/3g added) they also have peanut butter filled pretzels!
Remember I always aim to pair a carb-based snack like popcorn with a protein for a more filling snack!
And a few more ideas for you- mostly protein-based:
Protein Snacks from Trader Joe’s
- Trader Joe’s Organic Turkey Breast – love the ingredient list – just turkey, salt and water – great for small sandwich
- Trader Joe’s Fish Sticks – pop them in the oven or air fryer after school for a quick snack (or even the microwave)
- Trader Joe’s String Cheese
- Avocado’s Number Guacamole to Go
- Chomps Meat Sticks (aff link)
- Trader Joe’s Organic Lowfat Yogurt Squishers – only 6g added sugar
- Trader Joe’s Kefir – mix flavored with plain to lower the added sugar
- Trader Joe’s Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage – add to an egg wrap or egg waffle!
- Fruits and veggies! They have tons of great produce options. Pair them with a protein source!
I hope this list was helpful!
If you’re looking for Trader Joes vegetarian snacks, most of these fit the bill minus a few in the protein section. There are also some Trader Joe’s seaweed snacks that I didn’t include. They make a great snack, just make sure to pair with other items to make a more filling snack!
What are your favorite Trader Joes snacks?
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!