Looking for healthy snacks at Costco? This list includes 50+ options that the whole family will love! Cruchy snacks, high protein snacks, granola bars and more.
A couple of years ago I shared a list of our favorite things to buy at Costco. Recently I’ve been getting a lot of requests for snack ideas so I compiled a list of healthy Costco snacks to give you some new ideas.
Here are some other stores I’ve covered:
- Healthy Amazon Snacks
- Best Trader Joe’s Snacks
- Best Healthy Walmart Snacks
- Healthy Snacks At Costco For The Whole Family
- Best ALDI Healthy Snacks
- Healthy Snacks at Target
If you need more ideas, for specific kinds of snacks, here are some posts to check out:
- Healthy High Protein Snacks
- Best Gluten-Free Snacks
- Best Frozen Waffles
- Healthy Store Bought Tortillas
- Best Boxed Mac and Cheese
- Healthy Crackers for Kids and Adults
- Best Low-Sugar Yogurts
- Lower Sugar Cereal For Kids
- Healthy Store Bought Granola Bars for Kids
- Individually Wrapped Snack Ideas
- Peanut & Tree Nut Free Packaged Snacks
These snacks would also be great for packed lunches. Check out my Month of Easy Packed Lunches for Kids if you need more lunch box ideas!
I’ve tried to include some of the nutrition info that I look at when choosing snacks, including protein, fiber, sugar and sodium., but remember there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to snack guidelines. As a Registered Dietitian and mom of 3, here are some that I use when purchasing for my own kids and recommending for others:
- Most of the time I try to choose snacks that have at least 2g of both protein and fiber.
- I always try to make sure snacks include protein so if I have a carb-based snack like crackers or cereal, I pair with a protein like cheese, yogurt, turkey etc.
- I try to limit added sugar to 6g or less whenever possible. Occasionally 7-8g, but snacks with 9+ grams of added sugar or more treats than snacks in my opinion.
When it comes to sodium, it usually doesn’t make or break my snack decisions. I’ve included it mostly so you can see how the amounts vary from snack to snack. Some crackers and granola bars are higher in sodium than others.
Things like cheese and jerky can also be high in sodium. It’s mostly something I take note of at snack time and if I’m serving something higher sodium like a cheese stick, deli meat or jerky, I try to balance it with something lower sodium like fruit, a homemade muffin, etc.
Also remember some sodium is naturally occurring, but a lot is added during processing. 140mg per serving or less is generally considered low sodium.
Best Costco Snacks 2021
I’ve tried to group the snacks into categories to make it easy for you. Also, remember that Costco stores vary regionally and also seasonally. This is my list of best Costco healthy snacks 2021 that were available at my Costco in Columbus, OH. I’ve tried to note whether the products are gluten-free/nut-free when i was able to verify but if you have allergies/intolerances, please do your own research. If you need more allergy-friendly snacks, check out my Peanut & Tree Nut Free Packaged Snacks post.
As the year goes by, I will do my best to update this post with new items I see so that you can keep an eye out for them. Also, a reminder that many of the snacks at Costco are available in smaller quantities at other stores. If I’m trying something new with my kids, I often buy somewhere else first to make sure they like them before adding to my list of Costco snacks to buy.
Here are some of my Costco favorites, plus ideas for pairing them to make balanced snacks!
Healthy Snacks At Costco
Costco Chips and Snacks (Crunchy)
- Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips – 2g protein, 2g fiber, 0g sugar, 75mg sodium (Gluten-free, nuts not in ingredient list but not guaranteed)
- Hippeas – 4g protein, 3g fiber, 2g sugar, 140mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Harvest Snaps – 5g protein, 4g fiber, 0g sugar, 75mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Barnana Plantain Chips – 1g protein, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 60mg sodium (gluten-free, nuts not in the ingredient list but made in facility the processes tree nuts)
- Peanut Butter Pretzels – 4g protein, 1g fiber, <1g sugar, 230mg sodium
- RW Garcia Sweet Potato Crackers – 2g protein, 1g fiber, 2g sugar/no added sugar, 50mg sodium (gluten-free, made in peanut/treenut free facility)
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers – 3g protein, 2g fiber, 0g sugar, 180mg sodium (gluten-free)
- Wheat Thins – 2g protein, 3g fiber, 5g sugar, 200mg sodium (nut-free)
- Triscuits – 3g protein, 3g fiber, 0g sugar, 160mg sodium (nut-free)
- Skinny Pop Popcorn – 2g protein, 3g fiber, 0g sugar, 75mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Sun Chips – 2g protein, 2g fiber, 2g sugar, 140 mg sodium (nut-free)
- Whisps Cheese Crisps – 13g protein, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 350mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
A reminder that I try to always pair things like crackers with a protein or fat source for more staying power!
Granola Bars from Costco
- Aussie Bites – 2g protein, 2g fiber, 8g sugar, 90mg sodium (shared equipment with wheat, peanut & treenut)
- Autumn’s Gold Grain Free Granola Bars – 5g protein, 3g fiber, 6g sugar, 60mg sodium (gluten-free)
- Clif Nut Butter Bars – 7g protein, 3g fiber, 9g sugar/6g added, 150mg sodium
- KIND Minis – 3g protein, 3g fiber, 3g sugar/2g added, 70mg sodium (gluten-free)
- Larabar – 5g protein, 3g fiber, 17g sugar/4g added, 65mg sodium (gluten-free)
- Made Good Granola Minis – 1g protein, 2g fiber, 6g sugar, 10mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
- That’s It Minis – 1g protein, 2g fiber, 10g sugar/0g added, 15mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Clif Kid Z Bar – 2g protein, 2g fiber, 10g sugar/9g added, 105mg sodium (these are not my first choice because of the higher added sugar)
Costco Protein Snacks
- Kirkland Trail Mix – 5g protein, 2g fiber, 10g sugar/4g added, 40 mg sodium (no gluten-containing ingredients)
- Kirkland Cheese Fruit & Nut Packs -8g protein, 1g fiber, 8g sugar/7g added, 160mg sodium
- Country Archer Mini Beef Sticks – 4g protein, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 200mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Kirkland Ancient Grains Granola – 5g protein, 6g fiber, 9g sugar/8g added, 135mg sodium (processed in a facility that uses peanuts/tree nuts)
- Babybel Cheese – 5g protein, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 160mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Kirkland Organic Hard-Boiled Eggs -6g protein, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 60mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Perdue Panko Chicken Nuggets – 13g protein, 1g fiber, 1g sugar, 450mg sodium
- Organic Valley Stringles – 7g protein, 0g fiber, 1g sugar/0g added, 210 mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Dietz & Watson Originals Turkey – 11g protein, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 360mg sodium (gluten-free)
- Sargento Cheese Sticks – 5g protein, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 125mg sodium (no gluten ingredients, nut-free)
- Chobani Less Sugar Greek Yogurt – 12g protein, 0g fiber, 9g sugar/4g added, 50mg sodium (gluten-free,
- Wholly Guacamole Minis – 1g protein, 2g fiber, 1g sugar, 240mg sodium (gluten-free, nut free…this is a healthy fat, not a protein. Pair with carbs for a balanced snack!)
- Nuts – They sell large bags of nuts that you can use to make your own trail mix!
Healthy Carb Snacks From Costco
- Cheerios – 5g protein, 4g fiber, 2g sugar, 190mg sodium (gluten-free)
- Dave’s Killer Bread – 5g protein, 5g fiber, 5g added sugar, 170mg sodium (nut-free)
- Kodiak Frozen Waffles – 12g protein, 3g fiber, 6g sugar/5g added, 370mg sodium
- Kodiak Cakes Pancake Mix – 14g protein, 5g fiber, 3g sugar/2g added, 380mg sodium (no nut ingredients but processed on shared equipment with tree nuts)
- Lotus Foods Rice Ramen – 4g protein, 2g fiber, 0g sugar, 0g sodium (gluten-free, no nut ingredients but some products processed in facility that contains nuts)
- Kirkland Hummus Cups – 4g protein, 3g fiber, 1g sugar, 290mg sodium (gluten-free)
- Brownberry Multigrain Sandwich Thins – 6g protein, 3g fiber, 3g sugar/2g added, 300mg sodium
- Quaker Oats – 5g protein, 4g fiber, 1g sugar, 0g sodium
- Veggies Made Great Double Chocolate Muffins – 4g protein, 1g fiber, 10g sugar/8g added, 150 mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Brownberry Oatnut Bread – 4g protein, 2g fiber, 3g sugar, 150mg sodium
- Siete Foods Tortillas – 1g protein, 3g fiber, 1g sugar/0g added, 220mg sodium
Many of these are things that require a little prep work at home to turn into snacks vs being pre-packaged but they shouldn’t take much time and are cost-effective to buy at Costco. Use the bread to make sandwiches/toast/french toast. Use the oats to make oatmeal, energy balls, muffins. Make pancakes or waffles with the mix and freeze them. The ramen noodles cook in 5 minutes for a quick snack.
Fruit Snacks From Costco
- Bare Apple Chips – 0g protein, 4g fiber, 21g sugar/0 added, 0mg sodium (gluten-free)
- Mott’s Applesauce – 0g protein, 1g fiber, 11g sugar/0 added, 0mg sodium (pair with a protein source! gluten-free)
- Kirkland Three Berry Blend Frozen Berries -2g protein, 5g fiber, 10g sugar/0g added, 0g sodium (mix with spinach and milk for an easy smoothie!)
- Made in Nature Figgypops – 2g protein, 3g fiber, 10g sugar/0g added, 40mg sodium (gluten-free)
- Gogosqueez – 0g protein, 3g fiber, 12g sugar/0g added, 0mg sodium (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Kirkland Sunsweet Dried Plums – 1g protein, 3g fiber, 15g sugar/0g added, 0mg sodium (there are TONS of dried fruits available. Pair with a protein option for a more filling snack, use in trailmix etc!)
- Del Monte Fruit in 100% juice – 0g protein, 1g fiber, 13g sugar/0g added, 10 mg sodium
Remember to pair these snacks with protein/fiber/healthy fats to make a more balanced, filling snack!
I also always have these bags of ground flax and hemp hearts at home to add to homemade snacks. I mix them into yogurt, pancakes, waffles, smoothies, muffins and bars. I sprinkle them on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Basically any time I can add them, I do!
Costco Vegan Snacks
Looking specifically for vegan snacks? Here are a few:
- Made Good Granola Minis
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers
- Harvest Snaps
- Skinny Pop
- Dried Fruit
- Barnana Plantain Chips
- RW Garcia Sweet Potato Crackers
- Wheat Thins
- That’s It Minis
- Kirkland Ancient Grains Granola
- Dave’s Killer Bread
- Lotus Foods Rice Ramen
- Kirkland Hummus Cups
- All the fruit options listed above!
Did you find any new ideas? Pin this post for later! What are your favorite Costco snacks?
Costco Snacks To Buy
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!