These Small Batch Raspberry Lemon Bars are the perfect dessert. Bursting with flavor, they’re easy to make and a small batch means there’s just enough to enjoy, without going overboard!
It’s time for another recipe round-up with some of my fav bloggers! This month our theme was citrus and I made these absolutely delicious Small Batch Raspberry Lemon Bars. They’re pretty & pink & perfect for Valentine’s day! It’s hard to believe this is our 8th month doing these round-ups. In case you’ve missed any, be sure to check out the links below to see 6 delicious recipes using each featured ingredient.
6 Healthy Ways To Eat:
- Cranberries (Cranberry Clementine Salsa)
- Sweet Potatoes (Sweet Potato Protein Bars)
- Apples (Caramel Apple Bread)
- Pumpkin (Pumpkin Yogurt Dip)
- Zucchini (Grilled Zucchini Rollups)
- Almond Flour (Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Black Beans (Mexican Layer Dip)
So anyways….back to these Raspberry Lemon Bars. I purposely did a few things with these. First of all, I made them pink- which means they’re pretty year round….but it also makes them extra fitting for the lovey-dovey Valentine’s Day holiday that’s quickly approaching. Secondly, I made just a small batch. I’m all for having treats around, but sometimes it’s nice to just have a few pieces to enjoy and then be done and not have to deal with being tempted by them for a couple weeks straight.
Have I convinced you that they’re pretty much the perfect dessert? Here’s how you make them:
Aren’t they pretty?!
My guess is you won’t be able to eat just one 🙂
And just in case this fuels your desire for more citrus, let me know you what my frands came up with!
Let’s review what we have here:
Alexis has your on-the-run breakfast covered:
Lemon Baked Oatmeal Cups
Thirsty? It’s never too cold for this smoothie Sarah whipped up:
Orange Avocado Smoothie
Need a snack in a hurry? Arman saves the day:
1 Minute Lemon Poppyseed Muffin
Julia helps you brighten up your dinner table:
Kale Mandarin Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
Kylie helps you start a cold day off right:
Grapefruit Baked Oatmeal with Walnut Streusel
Small Batch Raspberry Lemon Bars + 6 Ways To Eat Citrus
These Small Batch Raspberry Lemon Bars are the perfect dessert. Bursting with flavor, they're easy to make and a small batch means there's just enough to enjoy, without going overboard!
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup + 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- zest from one lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- optional: powdered sugar for dusting
- In a small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, melted butter and maple syrup together.
- Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper so all sides are covered.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a blender (or food processor) combine the egg, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice and zest and raspberries and blend until smooth.
- Pour over crust after baking and return to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. Dust with powdered sugar if desired before serving. Store in the fridge.