These Small Batch Raspberry Lemon Bars are the perfect dessert. Bursting with flavor, they’re easy to make and a small batch means there’s just enough to enjoy, without going overboard!
It’s time for another recipe round-up with some of my fav bloggers! This month our theme was citrus and I made these absolutely delicious Small Batch Raspberry Lemon Bars. They’re pretty & pink & perfect for Valentine’s day! It’s hard to believe this is our 8th month doing these round-ups. In case you’ve missed any, be sure to check out the links below to see 6 delicious recipes using each featured ingredient.
6 Healthy Ways To Eat:
- Cranberries (Cranberry Clementine Salsa)
- Sweet Potatoes (Sweet Potato Protein Bars)
- Apples (Caramel Apple Bread)
- Pumpkin (Pumpkin Yogurt Dip)
- Zucchini (Grilled Zucchini Rollups)
- Almond Flour (Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Black Beans (Mexican Layer Dip)
So anyways….back to these Raspberry Lemon Bars. I purposely did a few things with these. First of all, I made them pink- which means they’re pretty year round….but it also makes them extra fitting for the lovey-dovey Valentine’s Day holiday that’s quickly approaching. Secondly, I made just a small batch. I’m all for having treats around, but sometimes it’s nice to just have a few pieces to enjoy and then be done and not have to deal with being tempted by them for a couple weeks straight.
Have I convinced you that they’re pretty much the perfect dessert? Here’s how you make them:
Small Batch Raspberry Lemon Bars + 6 Ways To Eat Citrus
These Small Batch Raspberry Lemon Bars are the perfect dessert. Bursting with flavor, they're easy to make and a small batch means there's just enough to enjoy, without going overboard!
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup + 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- zest from one lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- optional: powdered sugar for dusting
- In a small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, melted butter and maple syrup together.
- Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper so all sides are covered.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a blender (or food processor) combine the egg, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice and zest and raspberries and blend until smooth.
- Pour over crust after baking and return to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. Dust with powdered sugar if desired before serving. Store in the fridge.
Aren’t they pretty?!
My guess is you won’t be able to eat just one 🙂
And just in case this fuels your desire for more citrus, let me know you what my frands came up with!
Let’s review what we have here:
Alexis has your on-the-run breakfast covered:
Lemon Baked Oatmeal Cups
Thirsty? It’s never too cold for this smoothie Sarah whipped up:
Orange Avocado Smoothie
Need a snack in a hurry? Arman saves the day:
1 Minute Lemon Poppyseed Muffin
Julia helps you brighten up your dinner table:
Kale Mandarin Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
Kylie helps you start a cold day off right:
Grapefruit Baked Oatmeal with Walnut Streusel