Need sweet potato dinner recipes? Here are 35+ recipes by category including slow cooker, with chicken or beef, vegetarian and more!
Let’s chat sweet potato dinner recipes. Sweet potatoes are one of the most versatile veggies.
What are the Benefits of Sweet Potatoes?
So what are the health benefits of sweet potatoes? They’re technically a vegetable, but they’re also starchy so they are a source of carbohydrates as well. Sweet potatoes are a great source of Vitamin A and C so they’re great for your visium, immune system and more. They’re also high in antioxidants which help protect your cells!
As for the benefits of sweet potato skins, they’re high in fiber which is great for gut health. Adding fiber to your meals will help you feel full and satisfied for longer periods of time. Sweet potatoes contain both soluble and insoluble fiber.
How to cook sweet potatoes
If you need one quickly, you can just stab it all over with a knife and microwave for 5-6 minutes for a microwave baked potato. Or you can use a counter top appliance:
These can be used as a base for chili, shredded meats and more!
Sweet Potato Dinner Recipes
Sweet potatoes can also be spiralized and used as noodles. They hold their shape well and don’t get quite as mushy as zucchini noodles. But good old fashioned diced sweet potatoes are great in dinner recipes as well. If you’re looking to include them in your meals, here are some easy sweet potato recipes:
Crockpot Sweet Potato Recipes (or Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chicken Soup via The Lean Green Bean
- Sweet Potato Chicken Chili via The Lean Green Bean
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs via The Lean Green Bean
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Sweet Potatoes via Cafe Delites
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes via Well Plated
- Honey Roasted Chicken & Sweet Potato Skillet via Creme de la Crumb – not slow cooker
Chicken and Sweet Potato Recipes
- Thai Peanut Chicken Sweet Potato Noodles via Iowa Girl Eats
- Sheet Pan Chili Chicken with Sweet Potatoes via Sugar Dish Me
- Harvest Chicken Skillet with Sweet Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts via Well Plated
- Spicy Chicken & Sweet Potato Meal Prep via Pinch of Yum
- Chicken Shawarma and Sweet Potato Fry Bowls via Half Baked Harvest
- Sheet Pan Chicken & Sweet Potatoes via DelightfulEMade
Ground Beef and Sweet Potato Recipes (or turkey)
- Paleo Turkey Sweet Potato Meatballs via The Lean Green Bean
- Sheet Pan BBQ Meatballs with Sweet Potatoes via The Lean Green Bean
- Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie via The Real Food Dietitians
- Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Fries via First and Full
- Sweet Potato Chili Casserole via Dear Chrissy
- Beef and Sweet Potato Tacos via The Roasted Root
Black Bean Sweet Potato Recipe
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas via A Couple Cooks
- Black Bean Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes via Naturally Ella
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili via All The Healthy Things
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger via Minimalist Baker
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Bowl via Joyful Healthy Eats
- Sheet Pan Sweet Potato & Black Bean Hash via The Kitchn
Lentil sweet potato recipes (or vegetarian)
- Easy Sweet Potato Curry via Jessica in the Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Chickpea Buddha Bowls via Minimalist Baker
- Easy Vegetarian Mexican Quinoa Casserole via Eating Bird Food
- Creamy Thai Sweet Potatoes and Lentils via Pinch of Yum
- Sweet Potato Lentil Curry with Crispy Sesame Chickpeas via Half Baked Harvest
- Roasted Sweet Potato Lentil Salad via Whole Living Lauren
Easy Sweet Potato Recipes
- Sheet Pan Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes and Apple via The Lean Green Bean
- Maple Ginger Pork with Caramelized Sweet Potatoes via The Kitchen
- Whole 30 Breakfast Casserole via The Almond Eater
- Tuna Quinoa Cakes via The Lean Green Bean
- Sweet Potato Tuna Melts via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes 5 Ways via Emilie Eats
If you saw anything that caught your eye, be sure to pin this post for later!
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!
Absolutely love the sweet potato tuna melts! I also tried the creamy thai sweet potatoes and lentils a try yesterday, also a great choice. Will try a few more this week, thanks for the list.