This Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bean Bread will definitely become your go-to snack. It’s packed with fiber and protein and kid-friendly too! The whole family will love it!
Thanks to BUSH’S® Beans for sponsoring this post.
I am so excited to share this Pumpkin White Bean Bread recipe with you guys today and even more thrilled to announce my latest brand partnership with BUSH’S® Beans! If you’ve been around for any length of time, you know I’m a huge fan of beans. You’ve seen my use them regularly in dinner recipes like these Asian Farro White Bean Bowls and this Sweet Potato Chicken Chili. I also often add them to my Instant Pot Peanut Noodles. They’re also a staple in almost all my soups!
But did you know that one of my absolute favorite ways to use beans is in baking?! That’s right. They are the perfect addition to your muffins, bars and quick breads. And nobody knows beans better than BUSH’S®. Their beans are a naturally gluten-free plant-based protein and they select only the best beans, never compromising on ingredient quality!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bean Bread
Baking with beans is an easy way to add some fiber and protein to your favorite snacks. My Sweet Potato White Bean Bars are one of my favorite recent recipes and since we’re in full-on Fall mode over here, I decided what better time to play off of those and give a little upgrade to a classic pumpkin bread recipe?!
This Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bean Bread couldn’t be easier. Here’s what you’ll need:
- BUSH’S® Great Northern Beans – they have a super mild flavor and are perfect for baking
- Pumpkin – make sure you grab 100% pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- Brown Sugar – you could try subbing white sugar or maple syrup but I haven’t tried it myself yet
- Oil – I use avocado oil for its mild flavor
- Vanilla extract
- Flour- I use a gluten-free all-purpose mix (be sure to choose one with xanthan gum) but you can easily use white or white whole wheat flour instead
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Cinnamon – I use just cinnamon for this recipe but you could use pumpkin pie spice or do half cinnamon/half ginger
Since this is made in the food processor, it really couldn’t be easier. Just add the wet ingredients, blend until smooth, add the dry ingredients, blend again, pour into a loaf pan and bake!
Here’s the recipe:Print
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bean Bread
This Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bean Bread will definitely become your go-to snack. It’s packed with fiber and protein and kid-friendly too. The whole family will love it!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 1 (15oz) can BUSH’S® Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (increase to 2/3 or 3/4 for a sweeter bread)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour blend (you can sub white or white whole wheat flour)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a food processor, combine BUSH’S® beans, pumpkin, eggs, oil, brown sugar and vanilla and puree until smooth.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder and process until combined.
- Pour into a 9×5 loaf pan lined with parchment paper. If using a gluten-free flour mix, let sit 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.
You can play around with the flavor profile. Use pumpkin pie spice if you like it or try 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger. For a gingerbread twist, add 2-4 Tbsp molasses and 1 tsp ginger.
Make sure your gluten-free flour blend has xanthan gum in it.
You can sub cannellini beans for great northern beans.
See what I mean? So easy. Just dump, blend and bake!
Let me know if you try this one!
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!