These healthy meal prep lunch ideas are perfect for lunch at work or home. Make them ahead of time and enjoy all week long.
Lots of you have been asking for meal prep lunch ideas lately so ask and you shall receive! Last week when I launched my Mastering Food Prep course, I shared a lot about my flexible food prep method for lunches. I’m a big fan of prepping 1-2 proteins, 1-2 bases and 2-3 sauces and then mixing and matching throughout the week to make different lunches. You can find an example of 4 quick and easy meal prep ideas for work in this post.
While some people enjoy packing a different lunch every day, other people are looking for one recipe they can prep ahead of time and enjoy for lunch all week long. If you want to add some variety to these ideas you can make swaps like using rice as a base instead of lettuce, putting meat in a pita one day instead of on a salad, or making half the batch vegetarian and half with meat.
Healthy Meal Prep Lunch Ideas
Meal Prep Lunch Ideas with Chicken
- Rotisserie Chicken Cobb Salad via Fit Foodie Finds – Serve a rotisserie chicken for dinner on Sunday and then use the leftovers to enjoy this salad for lunch during the week.
- Simple Chicken Marinade for Meal Prep via The Lean Green Bean – Prep a batch of this chicken pair it with a quinoa salad, put it in a pita or serve it with veggies.
- Marinated Chicken and Noodles via A Healthy Slice of Life – Serve it over noodles with your favorite veggies!
- Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Meal Prep Magic via Pinch of Yum – Don’t like broccolini? Swap it for asparagus or brussels sprouts or a salad!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma Bowls via Real Food Dietitians – Sheet pan makes for easy prep and cleanup.
- Chicken Protein Bowl via Eating Bird Food – If you don’t like quinoa, swap it for rice or farro and feel free to change up the dressing.
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas via Naptime Kitchen – Make a double batch, freeze one pan and enjoy one for lunches.
- Cheesy Broccoli Chicken & Rice Bowls via Gimme Some Oven – You could easily swap broccoli for carrots or green beans.
Vegetarian Meal Prep Lunch Ideas
- Edamame & Quinoa Salad via I Heart Vegetables – This one packs a protein punch! Try swapping quinoa for wild rice to change things up!
- Spicy Peanut Tofu Bowls via Pinch of Yum – If you’re not a tofu fan, try swapping chicken!
- White Bean Panzanella Salad via Cait’s Plate – Perfect way to use up all those summer veggies.
- Vegan Red Lentil Curry via The Lean Green Bean – Want more protein? Add some quick-cooking shrimp!
- Classic Chickpea Chicken Salad via A Healthy Slice of Life – A vegetarian twist on classic chicken salad.
Meal Prep Lunch Ideas with Seafood
- Spicy Tuna Roll Bowls via Iowa Girl Eats – Transform a can of tuna into something flavorful and exciting.
- Tuna Quinoa Cakes via The Lean Green Bean – These are good warm or cold and can be eaten alone or on a salad.
- Garlic Butter Shrimp via Well Plated – Make a big batch of these and pair them with pasta or rice or serve them over a salad.
- Grilled Salmon Cobb Salad via Delightful E Made – Packed with flavor and protein, along with heart-healthy omegas!
Meal Prep Lunch Soups
- White Chicken Chili via The Lean Green Bean – The flavor gets better as it sits in the fridge making it perfect for meal prep.
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup via All The Healthy Things – Light and fresh enough to eat in summer but also cozy enough for winter.
- Grab & Go Vegetarian Minestrone in a Jar via The Girl on Bloor – Prep several jars ahead of time and enjoy all week long.
- Sweet Potato Chicken Chili via The Lean Green Bean – A twist on classic chili using chicken instead of ground beef.
Lunch Meal Prep Ideas with Ground Meat
- Potsticker Noodle Bowls via Iowa Girl Eats – A fun twist on potstickers that’s both light and filling.
- Burger Bowl with Special Sauce via Real Food Dietitians – Tired of burgers? Try these burger bowls for lunch. Don’t skip the sauce!
- Egg Roll in a Bowl via Eating Bird Food – A deconstructed version of a classic egg roll recipe.
- Greek Chicken Meatballs via All The Healthy Things – These meatballs would be great in a rice bowl, in a pita or just on their own dipped in sauce.
- BBQ Meatloaf Meal Prep Bowls via Sweet Peas and Saffron
Quick Meal Prep Lunch Ideas
Have a few minutes to actually make lunch at lunch time? Here are 4 quick ideas that come together in 5 minutes or less!
- Ham & Egg Wrap with Herbs via Rachel Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas via Iowa Girl Eats
- Thai Green Curry Chicken Salad via Fit Foodie Finds
- Italian Sub Salad with Cold Cuts via Housewife Like
Beef Meal Prep Lunch Ideas
- Steak Fajita Bowls with Cilantro Lime Cauli Rice via Wholefully – Don’t like cauli rice? Regular rice works just fine!
- Korean Beef Bowls via Well Plated – This beef would also be great in lettuce wraps or spring rolls!
- Steak Salad with Berries, Avocado & Goddess Dressing via The Roasted Root – Grill some steak on the weekend and enjoy the leftovers on salad.
- Quick Beef & Zucchini Skillet via Primavera Kitchen – Use some of that summer zucchini to make this quick flavorful skillet.
Did you see anything that caught your eye? I hope you found some new ideas to try. Pin this post for later to remind you.
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!