It’s Tuesday. Let’s chat, shall we? I have a few random blog-related things to catch you guys up on that I hope you’re going to enjoy!
First of all, thanks to the amazing Rita at Blog Genie, I have a beautiful new recipe index for you guys. I know my old one was a pain to navigate so I wanted something that was more visual and easy for you guys to find recipes! It was a major pain…I had to go back and categorize all my recipes. I should have been doing it from the beginning, but I never did, so I had 4.5 years of recipes to go through…but I got it done.
So now, if you hover over the recipe tab at the top of the page you’ll see all the recipe categories. Take a look around! Maybe you’ll find something you haven’t seen before!
You’ll also notice I have a baby tab at the top so you can find all my pregnancy/baby/parenting posts in one place!
Something else I’ve been meaning to share- my posting schedule. Now that I’m getting back into the grove of things with baby, I’m trying a few things:
1) I’m cutting myself some slack. Being a working parent is hard. If I don’t get a blog post up, it’s ok. I’m doing my best to stay consistent but baby comes first.
2) I’m trying to stick to the following schedule:
– Sunday- Food Prep Inspiration
– Monday – Bean Bytes
– Tuesday – Random
– Wednesday – Recipe
– Thursday – Off
– Friday – Recipe
– Saturday- Off
Obviously this may change some weeks, but my goal is to give you guys food prep, bean bytes and two new recipes each week. Then on Tuesdays (and Thursdays if needed) I’ll fill in with other posts if I have time. If not, I’ll take those days off. It’s been working pretty well for the last few weeks so I’ll do my best to keep it up.
I’m putting CoSchedule to good use and trying to stay on top of my editorial calendar, plan ahead, etc. (Bloggers- if you’re not using CoSchedule yet, you can check out my review here.
First of all, are you following me?! If not, CLICK HERE. I’m doing my best to step up my Pinterest game this year. What does that mean? A few things:
1) I’m starting to pin regularly. I used to be really terrible about using Pinterest and could go months without pinning. Now I’m getting into the habit of actually pinning most of the delicious recipe links I share in Bean Bytes and am using Tailwind to regularly schedule great pins!
2) I took on a major project and went back through all my old posts, created pinable images for a lot of my older posts that didn’t have them and made a spreadsheet so I can keep track of what posts I want to update the photos for, when I last shared my own posts on Pinterests etc. It was a huge project but it’s nice to have a list of all my evergreen content so I can re-share it as it makes sense throughout the year (ie seasonal recipes, etc).
3) While I was updating my old posts I also went through and updated my photo titles/alt tags, etc. Cue MAJOR headache. Another thing I should have started doing since I first started blogging but didn’t, so consequently I had hundreds of pictures titled DSC_1908 or whatever. Lame. So, I took the time to go back through and fix most of those so now when you click the ‘pin it’ button on my images in recipe and other pin-worthy posts, it should automatically populate a nice little description for you!
4) I’m cleaning up my Pinterest boards so they can continue to be a great resource for you guys. If you haven’t checked out my boards lately, I have a lot of great ones designed to help you guys with meal planning, recipe inspiration etc. I’ve been pinning lots of healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snack ideas for you guys! You can read more about my thought process behind creating these boards in this post: Pinterest For Meal Planning.
Like I mentioned above, I’m slowly working my way through a list of old posts that had crappy pictures and trying to take better ones! Every so often i’ll fill you guys in on posts I’ve updated lately in case you want to read them, pin them, etc.
Here’s the first batch. Links to the original posts are below the photos so you can go check them out!
Food Blog Academy
And finally, because I’m always trying to make this blog better for you guys, I signed up for Food Blog Academy! It was created by Tessa who blogs over at Handle The Heat and you guys, I can’t say enough good things about it. I’ve been reading Tessa’s blog for years now and have seen it grow into something pretty amazing so when she introduced Food Blog Academy, I had no doubt it would be awesome.
I’m about a week into it and I’m already learning SO MUCH. I’m a firm believer that no matter how successful you are, there’s always more to learn. Even though I’ve been blogging for 4.5 years, I definitely know there are things I could be doing better…which is why I signed up.
Tessa does a great job breaking down the content into manageable segments and giving you actionable goals to encourage you to implement changes. I’ve already made a lot of behind-the-scenes improvements and tackled some tasks I’d been putting off for months now.
If you’re a good blogger, I’d definitely check it out. (PS- that is not an affiliate link. I don’t get anything for sharing this. I just like to spread the word about things I love and believe in!)
Whew! I think that’s all for now! Feel free to let me know if there are other changes you’d like to see on the blog and I’ll do my best to make them happen!
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!