It’s time for another recipe refresher! I first published this recipe over 2 years ago and it’s still my go-to pancake recipe, so I think that warrants re-sharing it. These Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes are not for everyone. If fluffy Bisquick-style pancakes are your thing (like my hubby), these probably aren’t for you. I love them because they’re dense, hearty, filling and packed with healthy ingredients!
I made a batch of these to snack on yesterday so I thought I’d snap a few updated pics and share the goodness with all of you.
Here’s the recipe:
- ⅔ cup yogurt (greek or regular, flavored or plain)
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 egg
- ½ c white whole wheat flour
- ¾ c rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined
- Cook on a hot griddle or pan, flipping several times to make sure they’re cooked all the way through.
This usually makes about 8 pancakes. Batter will be thick! Make sure you flip them a few times to let them cook all the way through!
I love them topped with nut butter and fresh fruit, but I also eat them plain before workouts and occasionally make my own fruit syrup to drizzle on top!
Feel free to have fun with mix-ins as well! Add some chia seeds, chocolate chips, chopped almonds or fresh fruit to the batter to change things up!