This no-cook Kale Panzanella with Chicken Sausage comes together quickly and tastes great! Make a batch to enjoy for lunch all week long.
Just popping in to share another quick new recipe with you guys! It just might be my new favorite summer lunch, mainly because there’s no cooking involved! I used pre-cooked chicken sausage and canned beans so basically all you have to do is chop the veggies, add some sausage, beans and stale bread, toss in dressing and serve! So easy.
This is a bit of a twist on traditional panzanella. First of all, I added a bunch of kale. I debated just calling this a kale salad but I think the bread does help keep it in the panzanella realm. But, if you’re not a bread lover, feel free to leave it out and enjoy it as a more traditional salad. Secondly, I added some chicken sausage and beans to up the protein content and make it more of a complete meal. Feel free to leave out the meat or beans if they don’t fit your taste preferences.
Here’s how you make it:Print
Kale Panzanella with Chicken Sausage
This recipe for no-cook Kale Panzanella with Chicken Sausage comes together quickly and tastes great! Make a batch to enjoy for lunch all week long.
- Yield: 2-3
- 3 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup canellini beans
- 2 chicken sausages, sliced
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 cups cubed stale bread
- juice from one lemon
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- In a large bowl, combine kale and 1 Tbsp olive oil. Use your hands to massage kale leaves.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Add beans, sausage, onion, tomato and bread to bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, balsamic and oil and whisk to combine.
- Pour over kale mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Top with crumbled feta and serve.
This is definitely a must-try! Feel free to add more dressing if you want to!