Baked Oatmeal makes a hearty and filling breakfast. Full of fiber and healthy fats, it’s sure to keep you full. Make a double batch and reheat all week long.
Just popping in with a quick new recipe to share today! As you probably know, I eat oatmeal pretty much every morning for breakfast. I usually just make it in the microwave, but yesterday I thought it might be fun to change things up and make a baked version.
This is a twist on my favorite morning oatmeal combo, with a few adjustments to make it more suitable for baking! Keep in mind that this is not very sweet. It works for me with just the sweetness from the banana and milk and then the fruit and peanut butter drizzle on top. If you like things sweeter, you may want to add a little honey or sugar to yours.
Here’s the recipe:Print
Perfect for a lazy morning breakfast OR double the recipe and make enough for the whole week…then just reheat in the morning.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Nuttzo (or your favorite nut butter)
- 1/4 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Toppings: additional nut butter & fruit
- Mash the banana and Nuttzo (or nut butter) together in a small bowl.
- Add the oats, milk and egg and mix well.
- Stir in the baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour into large, greased ramekins (or whatever pan you want to use) and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Top with a drizzle of nut butter and some fresh fruit if desired.
I don’t know why it took me so many years to discover parchment paper but it really makes getting stuff out of pans a whole heck of a lot easier!
Feel free to customize this to your liking. Use your favorite fruit, try applesauce if you don’t like banana, or even drizzle with chocolate if you wanna get crazy!
And don’t feel the need to make yours pretty like mine. That was just for the pictures 🙂
[clickToTweet tweet=”Try Baked Oatmeal from @leangrnbeanblog for a hearty and filling breakfast you can eat all week!” quote=”Try Baked Oatmeal from @leangrnbeanblog for a hearty and filling breakfast you can eat all week!”]
Are you an oatmeal lover?
What your favorite oatmeal combo?