I know a lot of you have been waiting for this recipe…so I finally got my act together this weekend and took some pictures.
First, a few notes:
- These are not for everyone. I won’t be offended if you don’t like them.
- They’re not super sweet, but they’re sweet enough for me!
- I’ve been eating them for dessert.
- I’ve also been eating them for lunch and before workouts.
Here’s the recipe:
Sweet Potato Banana Bites
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Keywords: bake appetizer breakfast dessert muffins snack healthy gluten-free vegetarian banana egg peanut butter sweet potato
- 1/2 c sweet potato, cooked & mashed
- 1 medium banana
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- cinnamon, to taste
- dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Smash the sweet potato and banana together in a small bowl.
2. Add the peanut butter, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon & mix well.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips and spoon into mini muffin tins.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until firm.
My first batch made 9-10 mini muffins I think. I’ve also doubled this recipe, except I only used 3 eggs instead of 4 and it worked well too. It made 18 mini muffins.
These were inspired by my girl Gabby’s 2 ingredient sweet potato bites! I did a little experimenting because I wanted a version that would satisfy my sweet tooth for dessert (hence the chocolate chips). I had no idea whether or not the combination would work, and to be quite honest, when I first tasted them warm I didn’t like them that much. I actually like them better cold, and I eat them straight out of the fridge…but some of you might prefer them warm. I was impressed how much they puffed up and resembled muffins even with no flour/baking soda/etc.
The first time I made them, I only mixed chocolate chips into half the batter. The other half I just spread into a pan and cooked. Once I took it out of the pan, I cut it into squares and used it kinda like a crust. Top with a smear of peanut butter, yogurt, fruit, chopped nuts, chocolate chips…the possibilities are endless
Some of you guys had fun guessing the main ingredients for these. One person even got 3 out of the 4 right…but nobody guessed the peanut butter!