Just popping in a with a quick recipe to share with you guys. Yes, I realize it’s green and the appropriate day to post a green recipe would have been yesterday, or even last week before St. Patrick’s Day….but you guys know me- always behind!
So, recently I spent some time going back through all my posts from my first year of blogging. Considering I’ve been doing this for almost 4 years…it’s safe to say there are some recipe buried in the archives that many of you have never seen. I picked out some of my favorites and over the next few months, I’ve tasked myself with remaking them, taking better pictures and highlighting them for you guys!
This is the first one- you can see the original post here!
Black Bean Guacamole
This is basically your average guacamole, just taken to a new level. I added black beans (which you can’t even taste) for protein and fiber and also mixed in some Greek yogurt for a protein boost!
Here’s how you make it:
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 c black beans, cooked
- ⅓ c plain Greek yogurt
- juice from one lemon
- ½ c red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2-4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- Place the black beans in a small food processor and pulse several times.
- Add one of the avocados and the lemon juice and pulse until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, smash the remaining avocado with a fork.
- Stir in the greek yogurt.
- Add the black bean mixture, along with the onion, tomato, jalapeno and cilantro.
- Mix well and serve with tortilla chips.
Pretty simple, friends!