Packed with protein and healthy fats, this recipe for Quinoa Breakfast Bars is easy to prep ahead of time and makes the perfect grab and go breakfast on a busy morning.
*Photos updated 10/1/15*
I have another hubby-approved breakfast to share with you guys! They’re a staple in my Sunday Food Prep every week.
Quinoa Breakfast Bars
These bars come together quickly, especially if you have leftover quinoa in the fridge like I usually do. However, you can easily make a fresh batch of quinoa for use in these bars. Just let it cool slightly before mixing up the batter.
Here’s the recipe:
I cut these into bars and put each one in a snack size Ziploc bag before putting them in the fridge. That way they were ready to go and hubby could just grab a bag on the way out the door to work. I’d recommend letting them cool completely before cutting.
These quinoa breakfast bars are chewy and delicious- perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. They can easily be made gluten-free and are easy to customize with your favorite mix-ins! For variety, make them in an edge pan like this one! (aff link) I often use mine and people always ask where I got it!
You can also halve this recipe and make them in an 8×8 pan!
I make a batch of these every week during my food prep sessions so my hubby has an easy breakfast option during the week. If you liked this post, you’ll love my ebook – The Ultimate Guide To Food Prep. It dives into even more detail about how to food prep, troubleshoots common problems and provides tons of tips to make it easier! Click the image below for more details!
Looking for more protein-packed breakfasts? Check out some of my favorites:
- Sweet Potato Protein Cookies (no protein powder required)
- Baked Scotch Eggs
- Paleo Breakfast Casserole with Chicken
- Microwave Oatmeal with an Egg
Quinoa Breakfast Bars
A grab 'n go breakfast that's tasty and a cinch to make, without all of the added sugar found in store bought bars.
- 1 c whole wheat flour (or chickpea flour to make GF)
- 1.5 c cooked quinoa
- 2 c oats
- 1/2 c nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2/3 c peanut butter
- 1/2 c honey
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c applesauce (or mashed banana)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c craisins
- 1/3 c chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine quinoa, applesauce, vanilla, eggs, peanut butter and honey in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Spoon into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 375 for 20 min or until golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.