I have another hubby-approved breakfast to share with you guys!
Quinoa Breakfast Bars
These bars come together quickly, especially if you have leftover quinoa in the fridge like I usually do. I used my Healthy Breakfast Bars as a base, but wanted to kick them up a notch!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 c whole wheat flour (or chickpea flour to make GF)
- 2 c cooked quinoa
- 2 c oats
- ⅔ c nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ⅔ c peanut butter
- ½ c honey
- 2 egg
- ⅔ c applesauce (or mashed banana)
- 1tsp vanilla
- ⅔ c craisins
- ½ c chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine applesauce, vanilla, eggs, peanut butter and honey in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Spoon into a greased 9×13 pan and bake at 375 for 20 min or until golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
I cut these into 8 bars and put each one in a snack size ziploc bag before putting them in the fridge. That way they were ready to go and hubby could just grab a bag on the way out the door to work.
These quinoa breakfast bars are chewy and delicious- perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. They’re packed with protein and fiber and they’re gluten-free as long as you use GF oats. Plus, they could be made vegan if you used a flax egg! I used pecans in mine but almonds would be good as well.
You can also halve this recipe and make them in an 8×8 pan!