Packed with protein and healthy fats, these Quinoa Breakfast Bars are easy to prep ahead of time and make the perfect grab and go breakfast on a busy morning.
I have another hubby-approved breakfast to share with you guys!
Quinoa Breakfast Bars
Note – Photos for this post were updated 10/1/15.
These bars come together quickly, especially if you have leftover quinoa in the fridge like I usually do. However, you can easily make a fresh batch of quinoa to use in these bars. Just let it cool slightly before mixing up the batter.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 c whole wheat flour (or chickpea flour to make GF)
- 1.5 c cooked quinoa
- 2 c oats
- ½ c nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ⅔ c peanut butter
- ½ c honey
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ c applesauce (or mashed banana)
- 1tsp vanilla
- ⅓ c craisins
- ⅓ c chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine quinoa, applesauce, vanilla, eggs, peanut butter and honey in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Spoon into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 375 for 20 min or until golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
I cut these into bars and put each one in a snack size ziploc bag before putting them in the fridge. That way they were ready to go and hubby could just grab a bag on the way out the door to work. I’d recommend letting them cool completely before cutting.
These quinoa breakfast bars are chewy and delicious- perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. They can easily be made gluten-free and are easy to customize with your favorite mix-ins!
You can also halve this recipe and make them in an 8×8 pan!