As a Registered Dietitian, I’m constantly asked what changes people can make for a healthier lifestyle. I’m a huge advocate of weekend food prep. I firmly believe that setting myself up for success on the weekend plays a major part of my ability to eat healthy during the week. I’ve written several posts to share my tips and strategies for food prep and healthy weekday eating:
- 5 Steps To Food Prep
- How To Food Prep – Step By Step
- A Week of Component Food Prep & How To Use It
- How To Find Your Food Prep Focus Area
- My Weekly Food Prep – A By-The-Minute Breakdown
- How To Food Prep – 5 Tips For Beginners
- Top 10 Foods For Sunday Food Prep
- 10 Foods That Freeze Well
- How to Prep Food on the Weekend
- Weekend Prep for Easy Weekday Meals
- How to Eat Healthy in College
- How to Eat Healthy During the Week
- Healthy Snack Ideas
- 12 Ways To Use Leftovers
Need some meal ideas for your toddlers? A lot of the meals I feed my son are quick and easy thanks to food prep:
- A Month of Toddler Meal Ideas
- 40 Healthy Toddler Meals
- 50 Healthy Toddler Meal Ideas
- 50+ Toddler Meal Ideas (free PDF)
- 50+ Quick Toddler Meal Ideas
Each weekend, I make it a goal to head to the kitchen and prepare some food to make the upcoming week a little easier. Every Sunday, I showcase what I prepared the previous weekend, plus several reader submissions in my Sunday Food Prep Inspiration series!
If you want to give this a try but you’re not sure where to start, check out the inspiration series to search through over 100 weekly posts where I share the food I prepped.
If you’re ready to learn even more about food prep, you’ll love my ebook – The Ultimate Guide To Food Prep. It dives into detail about how to food prep, troubleshoots common problems and provides tons of tips to make it easier and less overwhelming. Click the image below for more details!
Are you a fan of food prep as well? Want to submit a pic to be featured in an upcoming post? Here’s what I need from you:
Email me the following:
1. Your Name
2. Your Blog URL (if you have one)
3. A photo of your food prep
4. A short description of what’s in the photo. Tell me what you prepped and how you’re going to use it during the week!
Every Sunday, I’ll post a roundup of the photos I received that week so that you guys can see what others are preparing and hopefully get some inspiration and ideas. I’ll keep this series going for as long as I receive photos, so send one every week if you want to!
Send to: theleangreenbean <at> gmail <dot> com
Tweet and Instagram your pics as well to inspire others! Use the hashtag #sundayfoodprep. Remember that in order for a pic to be included in the post, you have to email it to me. If you have more than one pic, please make them into a collage before sending.
Want more inspiration? Check out my Food Prep Pinterest Board!
While you’re there, you can also check out some of my other boards for healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack ideas!