A whole wheat loaf of Wild Blueberry Zucchini Bread that’s bursting with berry flavor and a great way to use up some of those summer zucchinis!
This post was sponsored by The Wild Blueberry Association of North America. I was compensated for my time. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Time for another Wild Blueberry recipe! In case you missed the first two, check out my Wild Blueberry Turkey Burgers & Wild Blueberry Ice Cream Sandwiches! This time we’re focusing on combining our berries with a popular summer veggie that can always be found in abundance this time of year – zucchini!
Zucchini are super versatile – they’re great in casseroles and stir-frys, can be turned into noodles for a lower-carb alternative to pasta and are also great when used in baking. They add flavor and nutrients while also helping keep quick breads and muffins moist!
I’ve always had a strong love for baking and remember making zucchini bread with my mom every summer while growing up. I’ve been continuing this tradition in my own kitchen each summer, but this year I decided to change things up a little bit and add some Wild Blueberries into the mix!
You may recall I’ve mentioned before that Wild Blueberries are absolutely perfect for baking! Why? Because they are smaller and contain less water than regular blueberries. Using smaller Wild Blueberries in your baked goods also means more berries per bite- WINNING! Look for them in the freezer section of your grocery store. Plus, they have a more intense blueberry flavor and they’re packed with antioxidants so including them is an easy way to boost the nutritional value of your recipe! Did you know that research conducted by the USDA confirms that frozen fruits have the same or greater nutritional value as their fresh counterparts?!
So, here’s my latest zucchini bread recipe. I’m super happy with how it turned out!Print
Wild Blueberry Zucchini Bread
The perfect way to use up all those extra summer zucchinis!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup grated zucchini (grated, wring of excess water and then measure)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (2% or whole milk – regular or Greek should be fine)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, yogurt, butter, brown sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients (except 1 Tablespoon of flour) and mix until just combined.
- Toss frozen Wild Blueberries in remaining tablespoon of flour, then add to batter and stir lightly until just combined.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan (or two smaller loaf pans) and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Like I mentioned above, this bread is fairly moist so if you’re planning to keep it for more than a couple days, I would store it in the fridge!