Made with just six ingredients, this Spicy Red Pepper Feta Dip recipe is the perfect party appetizer. It’s full of flavor and tastes great with crackers or vegetables!
Time for another recipe refresh! I first shared this feta dip almost exactly 3 years ago and it’s still a favorite of mine! I made a batch the other week and decided it needed to be highlighted for those of you who might have missed it.
Here’s the back story on this dip –
One of our favorite restaurants used to serve a similar dip as a side when you ordered their hummus plate. Hubby and I loved to layer the hummus and feta dip on pieces of pita and enjoy as an appetizer so a few years ago I decided to try to recreate it at home. I’m especially glad I did now because they don’t serve it anymore!!
I had to guess on the ingredients and I really have no idea what was in the original restaurant dip, but this is a close replication so I called it a win!
Here’s how you make it:
Spicy Red Pepper Feta Dip
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small bulb garlic
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- Place the red pepper on a baking sheet.
- Cut the top off the bulb of garlic, drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place it on the baking sheet as well.
- Roast the pepper and garlic in the oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then cut the pepper to remove the stem, seeds and extra liquid. Add to a food processer and squeeze cloves of roasted garlic in as well.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
- Taste and add additional cayenne pepper or feta if desired.
- If you want your dip a little thicker, you can add some extra beans!
Serve this at your next party and it’s sure to be a hit!