This Sausage and Vegetable Egg Bake is an easy, make-ahead casserole that’s packed with protein and veggies. Prep the night before and bake for an easy breakfast or brunch.
Here’s the best thing about long weekends – we’re already halfway through the week! Woohoo! Today I have a recipe to share. When I had my baby shower a few weeks ago, my mother-in-law made an egg casserole that was a big hit! I asked her for the recipe, made some modifications, tested it out a couple of times with hubby and then decided to share it with you guys!
It’s perfect for throwing together the night before and then baking it in the morning. Plus it’s packed with veggies and protein and it tastes great!
Here’s how you make it:Print
Sausage and Vegetable Egg Bake
Prep this the night before and pop it in the oven for a protein & veggie packed breakfast or brunch!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 5 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove moisture
- 2 chicken sausages, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz cheese, grated (I used colby jack)
- 11/2 cups milk
- 3 cups bread, cubed (italian loaf or a baguette work well)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spoon into a greased 9×9 baking pan.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, until desired degree of doneness is reached.
- Cut and serve warm.
Like I said, super simple!
Feel free to customize by using your favorite veggies. For the bread, I used a whole wheat baguette one time and an italian loaf the other time. Both are great!