These Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Brownies are flourless, sweetened with dates and full of chocolate flavor. They taste so good you’ll never believe they’re a healthy dessert!
A few weeks ago, I was in the mood to do some baking. I told hubby I was going to make some Blueberry Muffins, and even though he ended up liking the muffins, he was less than thrilled that I was making them…because he wanted brownies. In the end, we decided to compromise.
I didn’t put any bananas in the blueberry muffins so that he would eat them, and I also made a batch of these Sweet Potato Brownies that I published just over a year ago!
Photos updated 2/9/16
These have been on my remake list anyways because a) they’re so darn good and b) they desperately needed some updated photographs since the one in the original post was taken with my iphone.
So, hubby gets brownies. I get a chance to take some pics. Everybody wins.
Since these are one of my fav recipes on my blog, I thought I should bring them to your attention again, in case you missed them the first time! I made a few changes to the original recipe- used a little less dates, a little more sweet potato and a little less baking soda and they turned out just as good as the original.
Here’s the recipe:Print
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Brownies
A flourless brownie made with real, simple ingredient.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- 1 cup chopped, pitted dates
- 2/3 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 3/4 c nut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 c dark chocolate chips
- Put the dates, sweet potato and nut butter in a food processor (or high-powered blender) and process until smooth.
- Add the eggs and applesauce and process until mixed.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and baking soda and pulse until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a greased 9×9 pan and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Optional frosting: When cooled, top with nut butter, melt nut butter and more chocolate chips in the microwave, stir to combine and spread over brownies or top with your favorite frosting
Aren’t they pretty?!
I like topping them with plain nut butter but feel free to use your favorite frosting instead.