Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Brownies
These Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Brownies are flourless, sweetened with dates and full of chocolate flavor. They taste so good you’ll never believe they’re a healthy dessert!
- Author: Author: Lindsay L
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- 1 cup chopped, pitted Medjool dates
- 2/3 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 3/4 c peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 c dark chocolate chips
- Put the dates, sweet potato, peanut butter, eggs and applesauce in a food processor (or high-powered blender) and process until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and baking soda and pulse until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips a pulse a few times to mix in.
- Spoon into a greased 9×9 pan and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Optional frosting: When cooled, top with nut butter, melt nut butter and more chocolate chips in the microwave, stir to combine and spread over brownies or top with your favorite frosting
To quickly get mashed sweet potato, stab a sweet potato all over with a knife and microwave 5-6 minutes.