These easy lunch bowls also make quick, healthy options for dinner. They’re simple, come together quickly and are packed with vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats.
In the past, I’ve shared several roundups of healthy toddler meals, but I rarely share what I eat myself. Lately, I’ve been loving meals in a bowl, so over the past couple weeks, I’ve started snapping pictures of some of my lunches and dinners and sharing them on Instagram stories, along with my kids’ meals. Several of you have mentioned that you enjoy seeing them so I thought I’d share a roundup so you’d have several of them all in one place for inspiration!
Before we start, let’s cover a few things:
- Some of these are lunches and some are dinners…I just titled the post lunches because it was easier 🙂
- This is not necessarily everything I eat for the entire meal. I often snack while cooking, eat some fruit or chips on the side, etc.
- I roast all my veggies pretty much the same way. At 400 degrees, tossed in Chosen Foods avocado oil (i buy it at Costco), sprinkled with sea salt or other spices (curry powder on sweet potatoes, rosemary on white potatoes, paprika on cauliflower, lemon juice on broccoli etc). Sometimes i mix some diced bacon when I roast carrots. I usually roast a bunch of veggies on Sunday and just reheat during the week…but I also roast new ones throughout the week because we go through a lot. We also buy a lot of steamfresh veggies.
- I’ve been obsessed with my green sauce lately. I’m planning to put it on the blog but for now, here’s the recipe: about a pound of tomatillos (roasted at 400 for 20 min), 1 Tbsp garlic, 1 small onion, 1 small to medium avocado and a serrano pepper all in a blender and blended until smooth.
- Farro is one of my favorite grains. I buy it at my regular grocery store near the rice and quinoa but you can also buy it online from Amazon. It cooks like rice (in water or broth, cover and simmer for 20 min or so) but is much chewier. I cook a big batch on Sunday and eat it all week. You could do something similar with rice, wheatberries, quinoa etc.
- To prep my kale, I remove the stems, chop it up, wash and dry it and then pour on some oil and lemon juice and massage it with my hands…then I store it in a ziploc bag and eat it for 3-4 days.
- If I use a certain brand of something consistently, I’ll mention it below!
- I eat very similar meals day after day and I’m totally fine with it. And most of these meals are over the past 2-3 weeks. I tend to use similar meal components for an entire week thanks to food prep.
So here we go! Here are 16 meals I’ve eaten this month:
- Farro + roasted carrots, green beans and peppers + lemon garlic shrimp (just sauteed shrimp in a pan with butter, lemon juice and garlic) + green sauce
- Farro + roasted green beans, potatoes, carrots + Thai Peanut Salmon Burger + salsa + green sauce
- Sheet pan green beans, spiralized sweet potatoes and peppers and chicken sausage + leftover salmon burger + Lotus Foods ramen + green sauce + avocado + roasted cauliflower
- Sheet pan chicken sausage with green beans, spiralized sweet potatoes and peppers + Giovani Rana tortellini + maple mustard dressing (similar to the one in this recipe)
- Farro + roasted carrots + green beans + Jack’s Special Salsa + green sauce + scrambled eggs
- Lotus Foods ramen + steamed peas + roasted broccoli + Instant Pot shredded chicken + Stubb’s bbq sauce
- Tuna salad (similar to this recipe) + green sauce + farro + roasted sweet potatoes + carrots and green beans + Garden of Eatin’ Blue Corn tortilla chips
- Kale + smoked pulled pork + salsa + green sauce + farro + roasted sweet potatoes + avocado
- Kale + apples + kale and goat cheese stuffed chicken (similar to this) + roasted sweet potatoes + farro
- Chili lime chicken burger from Trader Joe’s + french toast waffles (just french toast cooked on a waffle iron instead of griddle), Wholly Guacamole + Sabra hummus + red peppers
- Roasted carrots + farro + tuna salad + salsa + guacamole + pumpkin seeds
- Roasted green beans + chips + pulled pork + red onions + green sauce + avocado
- Chips and salsa + snap peas and hummus + tuna salad + avocado
- Barilla protein pasta + lentils + zoodles + steamed mixed veggies + Rao’s pasta sauce
- Kale + salmon + hard boiled egg + green beans + red onion + roasted tomatoes and potatoes + maple dijon dressing
- Farro + roasted sweet potatoes + salsa + hummus & pepita crusted chicken
So there you go! Hopefully that gave you a few new ideas! Be sure to pin this post for later so you can go back and reference it!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Looking for some quick and easy lunch and dinner bowls? Here are 16 ideas packed with vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats!” quote=”Looking for some quick and easy lunch and dinner bowls? Here are 16 ideas packed with vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats!”]
If you like these posts, be sure to let me know and I’ll try to do them more often!