I’ve got a quick & easy recipe to share with you today! Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Goat Cheese & Asparagus.
If you’ve been reading The Bean for a while now…and by that I mean like over 2 years…you may remember when I posted this Goat Cheese, Spinach & Bacon Stuffed Chicken. Hubby said it was the best chicken he’d ever had. And it was delicious.
This is just a fun little spin on that recipe, which mostly came about because I was lazy. I didn’t feel like cooking the bacon first, so instead of chopping it up and stuffing it inside, I just wrapped it around the outside. I didn’t have any spinach, so I just chopped up some asparagus and used that instead.
The end result was still delicious. Make either this version or the original and you’ll be happy!
Here’s the recipe for this version:Print
Recipe Remix: Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Goat Cheese
A new spin on a tried classic. No one will believe that this dish takes less than 30 minutes to prepare!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3–4 slices of bacon
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 c chopped asparagus
- black pepper & paprika to taste
- Slice the chicken breasts on the thick side to create a pouch. Don’t slice all the way through to the other side.
- Microwave the goat cheese for 10 seconds to soften it, then mix in the asparagus and spices.
- Divide the mixture in half and stuff into the chicken breasts.
- Wrap the chicken in 1-2 slices of bacon, depending how big each piece is.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Pretty simple right? Sorry I wasn’t in the mood to get some nice photos for you. Just trust me when I say this is great for serving at dinner parties because it’s super easy to make, but looks semi-fancy!