When I said I got my act together this weekend, I really meant it. Not only did I take pictures so I could post the Sweet Potato Banana Bites, I also FINALLY took pictures so I could share the recipe for my Greek Black Bean Burgers. Can I just say that I hate taking pictures of burgers. They’re kinda ugly. But they taste great!
To say we’ve been obsessed with these burgers lately would be putting it mildly.
We’ve been eating them for lunch, for dinner, on salads, on a bun and even crumbled in our omelets!
Here’s the recipe:
Greek Black Bean Burgers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Keywords: bake burger appetizer entree sandwich healthy vegetarian black beans feta quinoa red bell pepper
Ingredients (6-8 burgers)
- 1 small red pepper, roasted, peeled & diced
- 2 3/4 cups black beans, divided
- 1 1/4 c cooked quinoa
- 1/4 c hummus
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c feta, crumbled
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs
- 1/2 – 1 tsp greek seasoning
1. Put 2 cups of black beans in a medium bowl and smash well.
2. Add the quinoa, hummus, garlic, greek seasoning and onions and mix until well combined.
3. Add the red pepper, feta, remaining beans and breadcrumbs. Mix until breadcrumbs are well combined.
4. Mix and form into patties. Squeeze firmly to help make sure they stick together well.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes, flipping once.
These were inspired by the Asian Black Bean Burgers I made a few weeks ago. The basic formula is the same. I just tweaked the ingredients to give them a Greek spin