Just popping in to share my new favorite Fall dessert with you. As you may recall, I have a plethora of apples to use up. I’ve been trying to think of new things to do with them and this has by far been the best idea i’ve had in a while.
Here’s what you do:
- 1 small or medium apple, sliced
- ¼-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 1-2 Tbsp granola
- 1 scoop of ice cream or yogurt
- chocolate chips if desired
- Arrange the apple slices in the center of a piece of foil.
- Top with cinnamon, plop the PB right on top and add pecans and granola.
- Bring two sides together and fold to seal. Fold in both of the other sides to seal packet shut.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, open packet, top with ice cream or yogurt and chocolate chips and serve!
This recipe can easily be double/tripled etc depending on how many people you have! Don’t be afraid to experiment with other fruit either. I’m trying it with pears next Peaches would also be a great option for the summer!