This Avocado Bacon Hash with Eggs is the perfect weekend breakfast to enjoy when you don’t feel like going out to eat!
Over the weekend, hubby and I enjoyed a kid-free breakfast at First Watch. I had the pumpkin pancakes (nothing new there), but hubby branched out and tried something new. He ordered the Avocado Bacon & Tomato Hash and he loved it!
Since tomorrow is his birthday, I thought I would recreate the dish at home so I can make it for him whenever he requests it! Turns out it super simple and is a new favorite of mine as well.
Feel free to cook your eggs however you like them- sunny side up, fried, scrambled, etc! You could also add some leftover sausage or chicken if you wanted to.
So here’s how you make it:
Avocado Bacon Hash with Eggs
This Avocado Bacon Hash with Eggs is the perfect weekend breakfast to treat the family to when you don't feel like going out to eat!
- 1 medium Russet potato, finely diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- sprinkle of McCormicks all purpose seasoning, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 a medium avocado, diced
- 4 eggs
- Saute potato, bacon and spices in a large skillet over medium-high heat until potatoes reach desired tenderness, about 15 minutes.
- Add avocado, tomato and cheese and stir to combine.
- Divide onto two plates.
- Cook eggs as desired and serve over the hash.
Recipe NotesTo save time, roast the potatoes the night before and simply reheat. Or, microwave the diced potatoes for a minute or two before sauteing.
Feel free to use sweet potatoes or red potatoes instead of russet.
Omit the cheese to keep it paleo.
Whip this up for a fancy-looking weekend breakfast for those mornings when you don’t feel like going out to eat, or enjoy it for a quick weeknight dinner.