This Avocado Bacon Hash with Eggs is the perfect weekend breakfast to enjoy when you don’t feel like going out to eat!
Over the weekend, hubby and I enjoyed a kid-free breakfast at First Watch. I had the pumpkin pancakes (nothing new there), but hubby branched out and tried something new. He ordered the Avocado Bacon & Tomato Hash and he loved it!
Since tomorrow is his birthday, I thought I would recreate the dish at home so I can make it for him whenever he requests it! Turns out it super simple and is a new favorite of mine as well.
Feel free to cook your eggs however you like them- sunny side up, fried, scrambled, etc! You could also add some leftover sausage or chicken if you wanted to.
So here’s how you make it:Print
Avocado Bacon Hash with Eggs
This Avocado Bacon Hash with Eggs is the perfect weekend breakfast to treat the family to when you don’t feel like going out to eat!
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 medium Russet potato, finely diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- sprinkle of McCormicks all purpose seasoning, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 a medium avocado, diced
- 4 eggs
- Saute potato, bacon and spices in a large skillet over medium-high heat until potatoes reach desired tenderness, about 15 minutes.
- Add avocado, tomato and cheese and stir to combine.
- Divide onto two plates.
- Cook eggs as desired and serve over the hash.
To save time, roast the potatoes the night before and simply reheat. Or, microwave the diced potatoes for a minute or two before sauteing. [br]Feel free to use sweet potatoes or red potatoes instead of russet. [br]Omit the cheese to keep it paleo.
Whip this up for a fancy-looking weekend breakfast for those mornings when you don’t feel like going out to eat, or enjoy it for a quick weeknight dinner.