As some of you may remember, during the month of October, I did a little photo-a-day challenge called #liveleaneatgreen. Lots of you participated and it was so much fun to see all of your pictures on instagram and twitter each day. Now that it’s November, it’s time to recap my daily photos. I did pretty well and only missed two days at the very end of the challenge. The tasks were a collection of things that included healthy eating, physical activity and mental well-being 🙂
Here’s a reminder of what the daily tasks were:
And here are my pictures:
1. Have an extra serving of veggies at lunch:
I added green beans
2. Hold a wall sit as long as your can:
3 minutes with a 2-# db- feel the burn!
3. Leave an operation beautiful note
I was at a conference and left them everwhere!
4. Do as many burpees as you can in a minute:
I did 25
5. Try a new vegetable:
I picked jicama
6. Do a tabata workout:
we all know I love them 🙂
7. Go makeup free-you’re beautiful:
I did it at a huge national conference!
8. Eat at least 3 colors today:
Black, red & yellow for dinner
9. Spend at least 15 minutes stretching:
I needed it after a long day of stretching
10. Show me your favorite healthy fat:
I have lots but love nuts!
11. Run some sprints
Didn’t have time to go outside but did some stair sprints
12. Buy yourself flowers-you deserve them:
13. Bake something with pumpkin:
Pumpkin Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies
14. Burn some calories cleaning the house
Cleaned the bathroom
15. Go vegetarian for the day:
Always do but here’s a burrito salad I had that day
16. Let me see you sweat:
Bodyweight workout in the basement
17. Call a family member just to chat:
called my parents!
18. Buy a new healthy snack to try:
It’s not new, but green beans are a fav healthy snack!
19. Take a walk at lunch
It’s fun to walk in the children’s hospital
20. Have a treat
Baked Apple Packets
21. Park farther away today
Hubby could barely see Trader Joes
22. Handwrite a letter to a friend
23. Eat some roasted vegetables
Roasted sweet potatoes on my salad
24. Do 100 lunges before breakfast
Knocked them out in the kitchen
25. Bring a healthy snack for a friend
Shared my roasted chickpeas
26. Tell someone why you love them
Love my mom because she knows me so well!
27. Have a vegetable for breakfast
Red peppers with my eggs
28. Try to set a plank PR
Not a PR but still pretty good 🙂
29. Make cookies w/ 2 healthy subs
Ran out of time!
30. Try a new recipes
Went with an old favorite instead
31. Snap a pic of something beautiful
Strawberry banana “fro-yo” with m&ms is beautiful to me
So there you go…my month in pictures. As part of the challenge, I invited you guys to participate with me and tag your photos. Each day I picked a winner based on the photos that were submitted and shared that pic on my instagram. Each daily winner was entered into the drawing for the grand prize, which is a box of goodies from yours truly 🙂 So let’s take a look at the daily winners’ photos!
1. @elenajoi added extra veggies for lunch
2. @merrittelizabeth used her pup to make her wall sit harder
3. @haleypeterson3 left a great operation beautiful note
4. @brooklyne worked hard on her burpees
5. @leigh44 tried a new vegetable-kale!
6. @treats_with_a_twist did a tabata workout
7. @bvanevera7 went makeup free & looked beautiful
8. @inherchucks ate lots of different colors
8. @danica_ipnp did some yoga to stretch
10. @racheyycake loves avocados for healthy fat
11. @dareyouto laced up her sneakers for some sprints
12. @ktyou got flowers
13. @xokammie made pumpkin soup
14. @lifesabowl did some cleaning
15. @brinnyx3 went vegetarian for the day
16. @fueledbylolz showed me her sweat
17. @runningbun called her sis
18. @runnerritsa tried a new healthy snack
19. @gracelesslove went for a walk at lunch
20. @susellwrites had a treat with a friend
21. @perfectionisnthappy parked farther away to go shopping
22. @treats_with_a_twist wrote to a friend
23. @bvanevera7 ate lots of roasted veggies
24. @hlymre did some lunges at the gym
25. @inherchucks is teaching sharing healthy snacks early
26. @theyoungretiree told her grandma why she loves her
27. @haleypeterson3 had pumpkin pancakes for breakfast
28. @dareyouto did a plank
29. Alisonmty made healthy subs in her cookies
30. @leigh44 tried pumpkin seeds for the first time
31. @danica_ipnp showed us something beautiful
So now let’s talk about the winner! The winner of the box of goodies is…………Meredith of Dare You To. She was one of the biggest supporters of this challenge and even earned extra entries by being a daily winner on more than one occasion! Congrats Meredith! Send me an email so i can start figuring out what goodies to put in your package 🙂
Let’s chat: Are you guys interested in another #liveleaneatgreen challenge for December or January? Let me know!
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!