The other night I was in the mood for some cookies. And since it IS fall and all, I decided they should be pumpkin cookies. I made some pumpkin cookies last year but this time I wanted them to have oatmeal. I looked at a few recipes for inspiration, but most of them were full of butter and tons of sugar….so I just kinda did my own thing, as per usual 🙂
I mixed, scooped, baked and tasted. The verdict? I loved them! I know they won’t be for everyone, but they’re moist, chewy and taste like fall. They’re not overly sweet…and they’re packed with goodies like pecans and chocolate chips.
Confession…i HATE photographing cookies. So I didn’t spend a lot of time doing it. Sorry, friends 🙂
So you’ll just have to settle for the recipe instead!Print
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Add a little fall flavor to your oatmeal cookies with this super simple recipe!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 36 1x
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 11/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 21/2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 1/2 c dark choc chips
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, eggs, applesauce and vanilla.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Scoop onto greased baking sheets and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
There you have it! What’s your favorite pumpkin cookie recipe?