Is citrus in season? Make this light and refreshing Grapefruit Yogurt Cake to snack on at brunch or dessert!
As I mentioned yesterday, I have a bunch of recipes to share with you guys. Hubby and I tallied up all the votes from Instagram and Facebook on Sunday night and the clear winner was this Grapefruit Yogurt Cake.
So, your wish is my command! I bought a couple of grapefruits the other week thinking I would use them to make a cocktail for my Recipe Redux post. Instead, I ended up making Homemade Gingerale, which is fine, but it left me with two grapefruits. I don’t really mind eating grapefruit just plain with a spoon, but I thought this would be a good opportunity to get a little more creative. I did some googling and came across this recipe from Smitten Kitchen. It sounded pretty delightful, so I made some modifications and hoped for the best.
Here’s my version:Print
Grapefruit Yogurt Cake
A light, fresh loaf cake that’s perfect for snacktime and also fancy enough for dessert!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp grapefruit zest
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Glaze: ¾ cup powdered sugar + 2 Tbsp grapefruit juice
- Combine the liquid ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir until just mixed.
- Pour into greased pan/pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar and grapefruit juice in a small bowl and drizzle over cake just before serving.
Like I noted in the recipe above, I made mine in two mini loaf pans and it worked out perfectly!
Isn’t it just so pretty?!
Have a slice. Or 3.
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!