Hard to believe it’s been two months since I posted my last Crossfit After Baby post! I’ve now officially been back at Crossfit for 3 months! Here’s a recap of my workouts for the past two months…plus some thoughts.
I had a bit of a slump for a couple weeks where I took a few more rest days than usual. I was sick, then baby wasn’t sleeping, then just life. I’m trying to adjust to the fact that this is my new normal and sometimes getting to Crossfit just won’t happen. I’m also grateful for all the workout equipment we have at home!
1. Lots of pull-ups and burpees…the the wod. Finished in 11:07 with hand release push-ups instead of handstand push-ups
2. A workout, then some time in the sun with the boys!
3. 7×5 back squats (110#) at home, then a tough EMOTM, then 8:25 for the wod with manmakers and 145# DL
4. Front squats, then a long wod. One round of cindy is 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats. Then you do 1 clean and jerk, another round of cindy + 2 clean and jerks…repeat up to 10 c&j. Finished in 27:58 with 85# <– the most weight I’ve put overhead since I’ve been back!
1. Squats – 8×4 @ 115#
2. 6 +35 Rx with slooooow burpees.
3. Did a nice little partner wod this morning – harder than it looks. Then 6×6 back squats at 110# – a little tough after 10×3 at 122.5# yesterday.
4. Each round is 8 minutes. If you finish early, you rest until the end of the 8 minutes. Only round I didn’t finish was the second round. I did man makers for muscle ups, hand release push-ups instead of hspu and dips with the red band. My TTB were slow but I did them all for the first time since I’ve been back!
1. Survived my squats tonight! 7×5 at 120#.
2. Holy hard. 2, 1+15, 1+7, 1+5, 1+6 Rx. #toomanythrusters — time for a homemade protein bar and lots of water!
3. When it’s late…and you’re tired…and you feel like skipping…that’s when it counts. 8×4 at 125#
4. Good workout tonight! Part 1- 6:11 // Part 2- 3:11 // Part 3- 5:48 // I used 65# and did regular pull-ups
1. Not my best effort. TTB will be the death of me. Almost finished 6 rounds Rx but didn’t quite get my toes to the bar on the last few so I didn’t count them. Making progress though!
2. So many pull-ups. 9:35 Rx
3. Crushed it. 8:28 Rx
4. Grandparents watch baby, mom & dad do partner wod!
A video posted by Lindsay L, RD (@theleangreenbean) on
1. Holy legs! 12:51 Rx
2. Lots of TTB – Finally back to stringing 4-5 together at a time!!! Then 8+17 for the wod. I subbed 6 push-ups for the hspu
3. If you were to design an open workout that included my 3 least favorite movements, this would be it. 86 reps thanks to a mental struggle with my snatches and 105# clean and jerk. Cleaned 115 but need to work on my jerk. Glad it’s over. Bring on 15.2!
4. Lots of squat cleans, then 6+20 Rx for the wod
1. Pretty much a double workout. 4/6/9/9 for the tabata, then 12:53 for the wod with regular pull-ups for 30 and 20 and 25 muscle up progressions on the rings for the muscle ups
2. Cross 15.2 off the list! Not quite as good as last year but I got 66 reps and I’m feeling pretty darn good about it 🙂 Squish got to hang out with his adoring fans
3. I did ’em both! Redid 15.2 and got 8 more reps for a score of 72, then did the wod in 9:06 rx
4. Not fast but I kept moving! 2+ 26 then 1+13
1. Garage wod with my little man.
2. Brutal, especially after 100 burpees! Finished in 3:51 Rx
3. Finished in 14:15
4. Busy being a blur of awesomeness during 15.4 – 8 min AMRAP – 10 push press (65#) 10 cleans (75#). Finished 105 reps
If you were paying close attention, you’ll notice I didn’t do workout 15.3 of the Open. I have mixed feelings about the Open this year. This was my third year doing it and I was way less excited going into it…mainly because I knew I wasn’t in the best shape. But they also made a lot of changes to the Open this year, including adding a scaled option which I don’t love. Anyways, I won’t get into a whole rant on my feelings but suffice it to say that 15.3 started with muscle-ups, which I can’t do and I felt like the scaled option was terrible and not really a “scaled” representation of the Rx workout so I didn’t do it.
1. 13:38 Rx.
2. Loved this one! My pullups felt strong! Shoulder burner! 425 reps Rx
3. One of the worst workouts I’ve ever done. More thrusters than Fran…and worse than Fran because it’s ALL legs, no break to do pullups. Finished in 13:08 and my legs were sore for 4 days.
4. Hit a post-baby PR squat clean @ 130#! Was feeling pretty proud considering my legs were shot from the day before. Then 7:52 Rx for the wod.
And then, yesterday we did Grace.
Grace is actually one of my favorites as far as benchmarks go…but yesterday it was HARD. 95# used to be easy for me. What made it hard was doing it as fast as I could. Now, getting 95# over my head is HEAVY. And hard. And just finishing this workout was hard, let alone doing it with any sort of speed. I finished in 5:41 Rx. My old PR was 4:30 I think so in reality finishing only a minute slower than that is pretty good.
But that’s the thing about Crossfit. It builds you up, strings you along, makes you feel pretty good about yourself and then BAM, a workout totally humbles you.
And that’s why I love it!
Overall I feel pretty good after being back for 3 months….but I’ve still got a ways to go…and I can ALWAYS get better!
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!