With just 3 main ingredients, these gluten-free Almond Sweet Potato Flatbreads are simple to make and easy to customize!
Thank you to the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network for sponsoring this post as part of the #CrunchOn campaign with California Almonds.
These flatbreads. They’re my new favorite thing! I’m so excited to share the recipe with all of you so you can make them yourselves.
I’m not even going to tell you how many trial runs I did of this recipe. I wanted to get the perfect ratio and combination of ingredients. Let’s just say it’s a good thing I got a HUGE bag of almond flour to be used for recipe testing….because use it, I did 🙂
With just three main ingredients, these flatbreads come together quickly and you can customize them with all your favorite spices. I liked mine with cayenne pepper, paprika and a little garlic powder but you could try with curry powder or whatever else floats your boat. You could even try a sweet version by adding a pinch of sugar and some cinnamon!
The main ingredient is almond flour, which I love experimenting with! Almonds are packed with nutrients! They’re full of vitamins and minerals, high in fiber and are a good source of magnesium and Vitamin E. Plus they’re full of healthy monounsaturated fats and protein. I enjoy snacking on them in pretty much any form. I eat them raw in my trailmix, turn them into nut butter, add them to baked goods etc.
This time I wanted to change things up and use almond flour. I’ve made a few gluten-free treats using almond flour but these are much simpler. And they make the perfect snack-time vehicle to top with all your favorite things!
Here’s how you make them:Print
Almond Sweet Potato Flatbreads
With just three ingredients, these Almond Sweet Potato Flatbreads are gluten-free and easy to customize- perfect for snack time!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup mashed, cooked sweet potato
- Spices of choice: paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, cinnamon, curry powder, etc
- Toppings of choice: avocado, hummus, veggies, yogurt, fruit, meat, etc
- In a large bowl combine the almond meal, spices and sweet potato. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Add egg white and mix until dough forms.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces.
- Place one section of dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper and flatten with hand (or rolling pin) into a 1/4 inch thick circle.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchement paper and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Top as desired.
A few notes:
- If you want bigger flatbreads, divide dough into 4 pieces instead.
- You can really make these as thick or thin as you want.
- They don’t have to be perfectly circular!
- Definitely use parchment paper or they might stick!
- Play around with the spices you mix in to flavor them to your liking!
Once they’ve baked, the real fun starts- topping them! You’re pretty much only limited by your imagination here. A few options include:
- hummus + veggies
- smashed avocado + tomatoes + feta
- plain yogurt + berries + chocolate chips
- mustard + deli turkey slices
- smashed avocado + chicken + cheese
I ate most of these as an open-faced flatbread with toppings but one day for lunch I tore one in half and sandwiched some deli turkey between the two pieces and called it lunch! Delish!
[Tweet “These Almond Sweet Potato Flatbreads from @leangrnbeanblog are the perfect snack time vehicle!”]
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!