This recipe for Zoodles with Chicken and Spicy Almond Butter Sauce is low-carb, high in protein and makes veggies flavorful and fun to eat!
The day is finally here. I’m publishing my first zoodles recipe on the blog. The truth is I used a giftcard to buy my spiralizer a couple years ago.
I made a few half-hearted attempts to use it when I first got it…they didn’t go over too well with the hubby…and then I promptly forgot about it. I pulled it out again recently after we had our friends Jackie & Pat over a couple times for dinner. They were already on board the zoodles train so I decided they were worth another shot.
Here’s what happened:
Two weeks ago:
Night one: Jackie & I made them with coconut oil. Hubby spit them out and said they tasted like sunscreen.
Night two: Jackie & I made them with olive oil and some seasonings. Hubby acknowledged they were good but said I went a little overboard on the cayenne pepper.
We’re grocery shopping and hubby requested we get some zucchini.
Night three: I made them with this almond butter sauce for dinner and hubby said “yeah this is going to go on the blog.”
Next day: I went to the store, bought more zucchini and made the same thing so I could take photos.
Night four: We ate them again and they were still just as good.
So now it’s time to share the recipe with all of you!
Here’s the recipe:
YUM, right?! Remember that if you don’t have a spiralizer you can make veggie ribbons with a veggie peeler like this! If you’re looking for a paleo option, try making your own condiments – Paleo Sriracha & Paleo Thai Chili Sauce.
Going crazy for veggie noodles and want more ways to use them? Try my Sweet & Spicy Shrimp with Soba Noodles, but swap in some veggie noodles like zucchini or sweet potato!
What’s your fav veggie noodle recipe?! Leave me a link!
Zoodles with Chicken and Spicy Almond Butter Sauce
Light and flavorful, this is the perfect summer dish!
- 1 pound chicken, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (peppers, corn, carrots, broccoli, etc)
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 Tbsp orange juice (or water for a less sweet sauce)
- 2 Tbsp sweet thai chili sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- Spiralize zucchini and place in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and let sit.
- Saute chicken, garlic and vegetables over medium heat until chicken is cooked.
- Wrap zoodles in paper towels and squeeze to remove some of the excess moisture.
- Add to pan and heat through.
- Combine last 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour sauce into pan and mix well.
- Serve warm