This Paleo Shrimp Scampi is made with just five ingredient (plus herbs) and is ready in 15 minutes. Light and refreshing, it’s the perfect summer dinner!
Whelp, the zoodles kick continues! In case you missed my last recipe, check out my Zoodles with Chicken and Spicy Almond Butter Sauce. This recipe is actually a spin off one of my all-time favorite family recipes – Clam Spaghetti. It has a very similar flavor but it comes together much quicker! Plus it’s paleo-friendly for those of you that matters to.
The ingredients are super basic. It’s just butter, onions, garlic, shrimp and zoodles. All the flavor comes from the herbs! Lots of basil and oregano, some cayenne to spice it up a little and topped off with some fresh parsley.
Here’s how you make it:
Paleo Shrimp Scampi
This Paleo Shrimp Scampi is made with just five ingredient (plus herbs) and is ready in 15 minutes. Light and refreshing, it's the perfect summer dinner!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 -1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pound raw shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley (optional)
- Spiralize zucchini and place zoodles in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion and spices and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Put zoodles in a paper towel and gently squeeze some of the excess water from them.
- Add to pan, stir to combine and cook 2-3 minutes to heat through.
- Stir in fresh parsley if using.
- Serve warm.
Optional- for more flavor you could add a little bit of white wine to the pan while cooking the onion mixture and top with grated parmesan cheese.
That’s it! Pretty simple, right?!
Like I mentioned in the recipe notes – white wine and parmesan cheese will add a little more flavor if you choose to add them!