This recipe for Greek Shrimp and Farro is perfect for a quick, healthy dinner. Loaded with flavor, it’s easy to make and tastes great warm or cold!
I made this recipe a couple of weeks ago and am excited to share it with you today. It’s one of my favorite kinds of recipes…made with a bunch of random ingredients that I had on hand and turned out absolutely delicious.
Usually when I make dinner recipes like this one, I make them once, let hubby try them to see if they’re blog-worthy and then remake them to take pictures. This time I was so confident that I made it, tasted it and took the pictures right away. After hubby ate it, I verified that it was indeed delicious and he agreed.
So here we are.
I’ve professed my love for shrimp dinners before. They’re tasty and cook so quickly that I always have them in the freezer for nights when I need a quick dinner. I dug around in my pantry and found some farro, which I love, but always seem to forget about making…and added it to the mix along with some other staples like peppers and feta.
I’m not really sure if this should officially be called a Greek recipe but in my world, pretty much anything with feta seems Greek….so we’re going with it.
Here’s how you make it:
Super easy and ready in 15 minutes. I ate this both warm straight out of the pan and cold on a bed of lettuce like a salad! Both delicious
Enjoy this Greek Shrimp and Garro for a quick weeknight dinner!Click To Tweet
Greek Shrimp and Farro
This recipe for Greek Shrimp and Farro is perfect for a quick, healthy dinner. Loaded with flavor, it's easy to make and tastes great warm or cold!
- 3/4 cup dry farro
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced (red, orange or yellow)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1-2 tsp oregano
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook farro according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, peppers and tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Add oregano, lemon juice and cooked farro and heat through.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Serve warm or cold.