This Gingerbread Granola recipe is everything you love about gingerbread transformed into a crunchy and satisfying granola suitable for breakfast, snacking and edible holiday gifts!
Today I’m introducing you to two more of my fabulous fellow RDs! Stacie and Jessica are the dynamic blogging duo behind Simply Nourished Recipes. I love their recipes because they’re designed to be big on taste and short on ingredients so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what you love- perfect for busy moms like me!
These ladies reached out to ask if they could share a holiday recipe with you guys and I was happy to oblige! I’m all about homemade gifts and the Gingerbread Granola recipe they’re sharing would be perfect for gifting to friends and family this holiday season.
Take it away ladies!
Cookies for breakfast? Yes! Well, kinda. Ok, not really. But we did take everything you love about warm, spicy gingerbread with it’s molasses-spiked and cinnamon-scented goodness and made it into a crunchy and satisfying granola suitable for breakfast, snacking and gift giving.
Adding a handful of fruit juice-sweetened cranberries lends a beautiful color to the mix and a lovely tart flavor that pairs well with the ginger, allspice and cloves that gives gingerbread it’s unmistakeable flavor.
Make a batch (or three) today to have on hand for sprinkling over bowls of plain yogurt with pomegranate or gifting to teachers, neighbors and friends.
Here’s the recipe:
“Just like the holiday cookie you love, this granola is filled with the flavors of molasses, ginger, allspice and cloves and is delicious by itself or sprinkled over plain yogurt with pomegranate seeds or orange slices.”
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 molasses
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. dried ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats (certified gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened large flake coconut
- 1-2 Tbsp. chopped candied ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine maple syrup, molasses, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon,, ginger, allspice, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Warm just until coconut oil melts then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and pecans.
- Pour molasses mixture over the oat and nut mixture and, using a large spoon or spatula, stir well to evenly coat everything.
- Spread granola in prepared pan and bake in 325°F oven for 10 minutes, then stir. Cook an additional 10-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove pan to cooling rack to cool. Granola will crisp up as it cools. Stir in candied ginger and coconut flakes.
- When granola is completely cooled, transfer to a lidded container for storage.
- Keeps up to 1 month in the pantry or 3 months in the freezer
Recipe Notes*Omit pecans for a nut-free option
This granola is gluten-free, vegan and freezer-friendly! Think this sounds delicious? Be sure to pin this recipe so you have it handy when you start your gift-making
If you’re looking for another great granola recipe to start your day or to give as a delicious holiday gift, try our Cherry Pecan Quinoa Granola
Photo credits: Jessica Beacom RDN, CLT & Stacie Hassing, RDN, LD