Happy New Year!! Last year on January 1st, I posted a recipe featuring Chobani, one of my favorite companies- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes. They’re my favorite pancakes ever and I make them all the time. This year I decided to continue my Chobani tradition and share another yummy recipe that features my favorite yogurt on New Years Day!
I give you- Frozen Yogurt Trail Mix Bars!
Aren’t they pretty?! Probably the prettiest thing I’ve made in a while. Remember when I made these Frozen Yogurt Bites? I dipped them in chocolate the first time but now I made them all the time with just yogurt and granola and eat them as a snack. Well, these bars are similar…I just took them to the next level. I was tired of eating regular granola bars so took all the things I like in my trailmix/granola bars- granola, fruit, nuts, a few chocolate chips- and decided to try a frozen version.
I used bananas and strawberries that I already had in the freezer in mine. I just pulled them out, chopped them up and threw them in the yogurt…but I think fresh fruit would work just fine. I also chose to use half plain yogurt and half flavored. If you want them sweeter, you could use all flavored.
- 2 cups Chobani greek yogurt (I use 1 c 2% plain, 1 c vanilla)
- 1½ c chopped fruit (I use strawberries & bananas)
- ½ c chopped nuts (I use almonds)
- ¾ c granola (I use Love Grown Foods Simply Oats)
- ¼ c chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Line a pan with foil.
- Spread yogurt mixture into pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer until frozen.
- Remove from freezer, let thaw for 5 minutes, cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Just mix, spread and freeze.
Then cut into bars and enjoy
Get creative with your mix-ins! The possibilities are endless!
When I eat these, I pull one bar out,
let it sit on my plate for about 5 min
and then dig in!
Do these look good to you?! Please share them with your friends and family via Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook!