I’ve got a special treat for you today- a new dessert…
That only has 4 ingredients.
And is super simple to make.
Are you ready for it?!
Aren’t they pretty?! For those of you that don’t know, it’s super hard for me to photograph white things…so just trust me. I promise they taste good.
When my friends at Chobani sent me some of their new, bigger, pre-blended tubs of yogurt to try out…I immediately dove into the Vanilla Chocolate Chunk because I’d never had it before.
We all know I love my greek yogurt frozen- remember these Frozen Yogurt Bites?
These bars use similar ingredients. I added coolwhip to make the yogurt a little lighter and make it more dessert-like. You could also make this in a pie tin and cut into wedges! Or make a mini version using muffin tins!
You’ll have to play around with the pan size. I used a weird 11×7 pan and it was too big, so I just made a little foil barrier to put on one edge to hold the yogurt in place until it froze. I think an 8×8 pan would work well.
I covered mine with plastic wrap until it froze, then cut into squares and stored in a tupperware container.
Here’s the super simple recipe:
Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars
Prep Time: 5 min
Keywords: dessert healthy greek yogurt
Ingredients (approx one 8×8 pan)
- 16 oz tub of Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Chobani Greek yogurt
- 3/4 c low-fat Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 c Love Grown Foods Simply Oats granola
- 1/3 c peanut butter
1. Let the coolwhip thaw slightly, then combine with yogurt and mix until well combined.
2. Pour the granola in a food processor and pulse several times until ground.
3. Transfer to a bowl, add peanut butter and use your hands to mix well.
4. Press crust mixture into the bottom of a pan.
5. Top with yogurt mixture and freeze.
6. Cut into squares and serve.
That’s it! Don’t be afraid to try with different flavors. I’m trying blueberry next!
My crust held together fairly well with just the granola and pb. If yours doesn’t, you could add a little melted butter, or increase the amount of pb you use.
Grab a fork and dig in, friends!