Time for another recipe round-up! This week I put together a week of Kid-Friendly Meals to inspire you! Hopefully you’ll find a couple of new meal ideas your kiddos (and YOU!) will enjoy!
If you have kids that are picky eaters, it can be easy to fall into a food rut and make the same things over and over. Remember it’s important to keep trying new things. Some day they might surprise you and eat them!
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies via Iowa Girl Eats
- A perfect grab & go option for those busy mornings. Don’t like carrot cake? Try my Almond Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies!
- Healthy Chocolate Crepes via The Adventure Bite
- Stuff these with all sorts of delicious options like nut butter, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. Not in the mood for chocolate? Make my Vanilla Cinnamon Crepes. You could even wrap up scrambled eggs!
- Instant Oatmeal Packs via The Yummy Life
- Super easy to personalize the mix-ins for each kiddo. If you have an older kid, they can heat water in the tea kettle and make the oats for themselves and younger siblings! Top with nut butter or fresh fruit if desired! Have a younger baby? Make them some of my Homemade Oat Cereal for Babies so they can join the party!
- Breakfast Banana Split via Eat Drink Love
- Feel free to mix up the toppings with their fav fruits, nut butter, fruit sauce, nuts and seeds or even a few chocolate chips!
- Pancake Bites via Cooking Classy
- Customize with their fav mix-ins! Go sweet with fruit, choc chips, etc or savory with a few veggies or some sausage.
- Vegetable Beef Alphabet Soup via An Edible Mosaic
- The alphabet noodles make it fun and making it homemade with lean protein and veggies makes it healthy!
- Chicken Sausage Pretzel Dogs via Mariah’s Pleasing Plates
- Easy to make and the kids will love eating them!
- Homemade Lunchables from Bentos For My Girls
- So many options – just be sure to include a protein, some fruits and veggies and a healthy cracker. Or try this Kiddie Salad Bar idea from Nutritious Eats
- Homemade Spaghetti-O’s with Mini Meatballs via Big Red Kitchen
- Healthier than canned!
- Apple Sandwiches from Finger Pricking Good
- Dip in lemon juice to keep from browning, add nut butter & some nuts or granola for a little crunch!
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders via Cookin Canuck
- Or stock the freezer with my Freezer Chicken Tenders for an easy weeknight option!
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Melts via Aggie’s Kitchen
- Serve with a salad or their favorite veggie. Tired of chicken? Make them with my Beer Braised Pulled Pork!
- Cheesy Meatball Pasta Casserole via Give Recipe
- Make it even easier by using slices of chicken sausage instead of meatballs!
- Build Your Own Taco Bar via Pocket Change Gourmet
- Kids will have fun picking their own taco fillings!
- Tuna Quinoa Cakes via The Lean Green Bean
- Make them mini-sized, try them with chicken if they don’t like tuna and serve them with dipping sauce!
See anything that looks good? Don’t forget to do some food prep once you have your meal plan in place! It’ll only make your week easier!
Here are some food prep ideas for this menu:
- Make several baggies of instant oats so they’re easy to grab in the mornings.
- Make a batch of crepes and store them in the fridge for easy filling.
- Bake some pancake bites and reheat during the week before serving.
- Bake a double batch of breakfast cookies and freeze some!
- Make a big pot of soup.
- Write down a few lunchable ideas so you can quickly and easily pack lunches each night.
- Make some spaghetti-o’s and meatballs.
- Stock your freezer with some chicken tenders.
- Prep some chicken in your crockpot so all you have to do is turn it on one morning.
- Prep a casserole so it’s ready to throw in the oven.
- Bake a batch of quinoa cakes, or at least cook the quinoa so you can make them faster!
Looking for more meal plans and ideas? Check these out:
- A Week of Grab & Go Meals
- A Week of Spring Meals
- A Week of Vegan Meals
- A Week of Slow Cooker Meals
- A Week of Gluten-Free Meals
- A Week of Quick, Healthy Meals