This recipe for Zucchini Carrot Apple Muffins packed with fruits and vegetables and is just lightly sweetened, making them perfect for breakfast or a snack!
**Post originally published in 2011. Photos updated August 2015**
I love making these muffins in late summer to early fall. They’re a great way to use up some of those summer zucchini you probably have laying around. Apples add a touch of natural sweetness and the carrots are just an easy way to add even more veggies!
Zucchini Carrot Apple Muffins
The perfect morning snack, packed with fruits and veggies!
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini (excess water removed)
- 1/2 cup shredded apple (excess water removed)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (excess water removed)
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
These muffins are fairly moist so I store them loosely covered in the refrigerator. If you want them a bit sweeter, you can add more sugar.
Hope you enjoy these muffins! Be sure to pin them to remind yourself to make them when you have a free minute!
Muffins are one of my favorite things to add to my weekly food prep sessions to have on hand for healthy snacks! If you liked this post, you’ll love my ebook – The Ultimate Guide To Food Prep. It dives into even more detail about how to food prep, troubleshoots common problems and provides tons of tips to make it easier! Click the image below for more details!