These healthy Zucchini Carrot Apple Muffins are packed with fruits and vegetables and make the perfect kid-friendly breakfast or snack!
**Post originally published in 2011. Updated in 2015 and again in 2018**
This past weekend I made two batches of these Zucchini Carrot Apple Muffins and I felt the need to share them with you again. I first shared this recipe on the blog waaaaayyyyy back in 2011. Then I updated the photos in 2015….and then again yesterday 🙂
To me, they’re the perfect summer AND fall muffin. They’re great for using up all that zucchini you probably have around all summer and then you can go pick apples in the fall and make them again!
I store them in the fridge. If you prefer them sweeter, you can add more sugar. To make them dairy-free you could sub oil for melted butter. You could experiment with swapping applesauce for some of the sugar if you wanted.
Here’s how you make them:Print
Zucchini Carrot Apple Muffins
These Zucchini Carrot Apple Muffins are packed with fruits and veggies and make a healthy, kid-friendly breakfast or snack!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: makes 10-12 muffins
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini (excess water removed)
- 1/2 cup shredded apple (excess water removed)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (excess water removed)
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed. Batter will be very thick. Stir well to ensure all flour is mixed in.
- Scoop into greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Measure the zucchini, apple and carrots AFTER you squeeze the water out of them. I used 1 medium large zucchini, one large apple and 8-10 baby carrots.
Just look at all the shredded fruits and veggies packed in there. Little Miss and I devoured like 6 of these yesterday.
Be sure to let me know if you make them this summer.
Muffins are one of my favorite things to add to my weekly food prep sessions to have on hand for healthy snacks! If you liked this post, you’ll love my ebook – The Ultimate Guide To Food Prep. It dives into even more detail about how to food prep, troubleshoots common problems and provides tons of tips to make it easier! Click the image below for more details!