Exactly one year ago today, I published this post:
It was an honest, candid post about our struggle with infertility, with thoughts from both me and hubby. If you didn’t read it last time and you’re struggling with infertility yourself, I encourage you to go read it. No matter how much it may feel like it at times, you are not alone.
I was, quite honestly, terrified about sharing our struggles with the world but the outpouring of love and support we received from family, friends, readers and complete strangers was overwhelming.
26 days after publishing that post,
I found out I was pregnant with Squish.
There is not a doubt in my mind that all of the positive thoughts, prayers and well wishes we received after sharing our story helped things work out for us and for that I’m eternally grateful.
If you want to read the details of our journey to getting pregnant, I shared it here:
As I reflect back on the past year, I find it pretty incredible that I’m sitting here today holding my 12 week old baby boy. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t appreciate how lucky I am to have him and being a mom is something I will NEVER take for granted.
If you’re struggling with infertility, my message to you is this:
- It’s ok to be sad, heartbroken or angry, but never give up hope.
- Talk about it. I bet you’d be surprised how many of your friends, family members and other people in your life have gone through similar struggles and can relate to what you’re going through.
- Don’t play the blame game. There are a million reasons why people struggle and blaming yourself or others rarely helps.
- Surround yourself with people who love you and can offer support when you need it most.
- Remember that you’re not alone! Feel free to email me if you need someone to talk/vent/rage/cry to!
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!