Sheet Pan Sausage and Smashed Potatoes is a quick weeknight dinner and an easy, healthy way to feed the whole family. Serve with your favorite steamed vegetables or a simple salad and let the kids help smash the potatoes!
I made this super quick Sheet Pan Sausage and Smashed Potatoes dinner a few weeks ago and almost forgot to share it with you guys. This one is so so easy – almost one of those non-recipe recipes but I wanted to post it because it’s great for those nights you need something easy and filling with very minimal effort.
You can use your favorite brand of chicken sausage for this. I love the ones that are fully cooked so all I’m focusing on is heating them up and browning a little bit for flavor. For the potatoes, I cook them in them in the microwave first until they’re soft enough to smash, then put them in the oven to crisp them up.
I served mine with a side of marinated kale to keep it simple but it would be equally good with some steamed broccoli or green beans…or whatever your favorite veggie may be. You could even give it a breakfast spin by serving with some scrambled eggs. We’re big fans of breakfast for dinner around here. OR stick that kale in the oven on a separate pan and make your own kale chips.
Here’s your super easy recipe:Print
Sheet Pan Sausage and Smashed Potatoes
This quick weeknight dinner is an easy, healthy way to feed the whole family. Serve with your favorite steamed vegetables or a simple salad and let the kids help smash the potatoes!
- Yield: Serves 4
approx 25 mini potatoes (I use Little Potato Co Dynamic Duo white and red)
1 Tbsp oil
parmesan cheese, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
4 fully cooked chicken sausages
green onion to garnish
- Stab each potato with a knife a couple of times. Place them all in a microwave-safe bowl, toss in oil and microwave 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and smash flat with the bottom of a small glass.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Flip potatoes over and top with grated parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Slice chicken sausage (I use a diagonal angle to get longer slices) and place the slices on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with green onion and serve with vegetables.
Use your favorite brand of fully-cooked chicken sausage.
Feel free to skip the parmesan cheese and season your potatoes with different spices if you desire.
Pretty simple right?
Let me know if you try it!
Get my top 3 tips!
Plus quick, healthy recipe ideas right to your inbox every week!