Sheet Pan Sausage and Smashed Potatoes
This quick weeknight dinner is an easy, healthy way to feed the whole family. Serve with your favorite steamed vegetables or a simple salad and let the kids help smash the potatoes!
approx 25 mini potatoes (I use Little Potato Co Dynamic Duo white and red)
1 Tbsp oil
parmesan cheese, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
4 fully cooked chicken sausages
green onion to garnish
- Stab each potato with a knife a couple of times. Place them all in a microwave-safe bowl, toss in oil and microwave 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and smash flat with the bottom of a small glass.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Flip potatoes over and top with grated parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Slice chicken sausage (I use a diagonal angle to get longer slices) and place the slices on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with green onion and serve with vegetables.
Use your favorite brand of fully-cooked chicken sausage.
Feel free to skip the parmesan cheese and season your potatoes with different spices if you desire.