Looking for gifts for new moms this Christmas? Here are 15 ideas that would make great presents for the moms in your life for the holidays, Mother’s day, birthdays and more!
Last year I posted a Baby’s First Year Gift Guide to share some of our favorite new baby items. This year I thought I’d share some gift ideas for the new moms in your life. Because moms work hard…and they deserve nice things 🙂
Gifts For New Moms
I don’t personally have all of these items…but I have tried several of them, and I can make a pretty good case for why the rest of them are good ideas! And if you’re sitting here thinking you don’t really know any new moms, have no fear! A lot of these things would be great for any of the ladies in your life – friends, sisters, girlfriends, wives etc! So take a look and start shopping!
*Note that this post contains affiliate links. That means if you purchase something using that link, I get a small portion of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Lean Green Bean!
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera – I don’t have one of these myself…but I do have my eye on it. Trust me when I say moms take a lot of pictures. If they’re anything like me, they’ll have a million on their phone but rarely get around to printing any out. This is a fun way to easily get some physical photos!
- Yeti Rambler Tumbler – This mug can do double duty. It’ll keep her coffee hot in the morning (because if she puts it in a regular mug, she’ll have to reheat it no less than 5 times) and it’ll keep her water cold in the afternoon. And in the evening, she can hide some beer or wine in there 🙂
- Scarf Camera Strap – Like I said, new moms take lots of pictures. Most will probably be on her phone…but if she does drag out the nice camera, these scarf straps are a fun way to add some personality to the big camera!
- Hair Tie Bracelet – Unless her hair is too short, it’ll probably be in a ponytail almost every day to help disguise the fact that she has no time to shower anymore. These are a fun way to make those extra hair ties look more fashionable.
- Lululemon Dance Studio Pants – These pants are the best. I have 2 pairs and wear them pretty much every day. They’re a step up from sweatpants but just as comfortable. My “winter uniform” is pretty much all from Lulu so if you’re looking for more ideas, i’d also recommend a Scuba Hoodie (I have 4) and a Vinyasa Scarf (I have 5).
- Stitch Fix Gift Card – Babies make it really hard to find time to go shopping. Maybe if she just has a newborn she could squeeze some in…but if she has more than one kid, the idea of trying to do any sort of leisurely in-store shopping is laughable. Give her a Stitch Fix gift card so the clothes show up right at her door!
- iPad/Tablet Stand – If she’s nursing, she’ll probably spend a lot of time watching show on the Tv or iPad. This stand is perfect for holding a tablet on a table next to a glider for those late-night nursing sessions.
- Instant Pot – I snagged one of these during Amazon’s Black Friday sale three years ago and I now recommend them to everyone. They cook stuff insanely quickly so when the new mom forgets to put dinner in the crockpot in the morning, she can still have dinner cooked in 30 minutes and it’ll taste like it cooked all day.
- Ultra-Compact Portable Phone Charger – Mama will be spending a lot of time on her phone. Buy her an extra charger that she can keep in the car or diaper bag!
- Game Day Feels Bracelet – I discovered these bracelets a few years ago and love them. They have tons of great quotes to choose from, but I especially love the one I bought – “Life is about moments. Don’t wait for them, create them.” It’s a great reminder to live in the moment and be present with my kids.
- Weekly Planner from Minted – The important part of this is the planner part…because mom brain is a real thing and remembering anything important is pretty much impossible. Any planner will do but I love these planners from Minted because they put a whole week on one page instead of spread across two pages, so I don’t have to leave it open like a book to see the whole week….I can just look at one page.
- Wallet with Phone Pocket – When you have to leave the house with a diaper bag, carseat, kid(s) and more….there aren’t a lot of hands left for a purse. Get her a wallet that’s big enough to hold her phone too so she can just toss it in the diaper bag and call it a day.
- Seaport Stitches Diaper Bag – This is one of my favorite diaper bags I’ve had over the years and I adore it. It’s cute, it’s the perfect size and held up well. I’d buy it again in a heartbeat.
- Chatbooks – A fun way to print your Instagram photos into a keepsake book. You can get your mom friend to approve your request and then Chatbooks lets you design a book for her using her photos. She’ll love it..and trust me, she won’t have time to do it herself, despite her best intentions.
- Personalized Necklace – When my son was born, my hubby got me a beautiful necklace with his name, birth date and a few charms on it. After my daughter was born I told him I wanted an updated one to include both of them. I love how simple and beautiful this one is but actually ended up getting one from Honey Willow Jewelry and LOVE it.
So there you go! Hopefully this inspired an idea or two for someone on your list!