It’s time for another Foodie Penpals Reveal day!!
This month I received my box from Sarah @ Picky Runner. Sarah and I have been interacting a bit on Twitter lately so I was super excited to hear she’d be sending me a box!
So what did she send me?!
A great box of goodies from Trader Joe’s and Fresh Market that included:
- Peanut Butter Energy Chews
- Veggie Crisps
- Rosemary & Olive Oil Quinoa
- Seaweed Snacks
- Freeze Dried Blueberries
- Dark Chocolate Covered Powerberries
How was everything?
- The pb chews were delicious and made a great after-work snack.
- I’ve had the veggie crisps before and they’re a fun way to change up my snack routine.
- I’m saving the quinoa for a special occasion since it’s a little fancier than my usual plain quinoa.
- The freeze dried blueberries are interesting! I’m putting some in my next batch of Frozen Yogurt Bites.
- I just can’t get into the seaweed snacks. I keep trying…but I’m kinda creeped out 🙂
Hands down star of the box: The dark chocolate covered berries. They’re amazing in my daily trailmix snack!
Thanks so much Sarah for a great package!
Are you interested in joining us for Foodie Penpals next month? Here are some more details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re from the US or Canada and are in participating for November, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by March 4th as pairings will be emailed on March 5th!
*If you’re from Europe, please CLICK HERE to signup.
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!
Sarah @PickyRunner says
I’m glad you found some things you could eat! The seaweed snacks seemed kind of strange to me too but you never know! I’ve heard some people rave about them- I think I’d be a little unnerved too though 🙂
Loveeee chocolate covered anything so I’m glad you liked them!
haha it’s true. some people love them! no worries though. i loved everything else 🙂
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well says
The Powerberries….oh, Lindsay, you won’t be eating anything else for 3 days straight, trust me. They’re that good.
aren’t they?! i love them
AWE it looks like such a good package. Those powerberries sound amazing…maybe I should tell her to send me some. 😉 I can’t wait to move back and be settled so I can get back into foodie pen pals. Always one of my favorite parts of the month!
yay!! we miss you 🙂
Linz@ Itz Linz says
Dark chocolate anything always wins my heart!
agreed. for sure!
I DO WANNA JOIN.
Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness says
It looks like you got a really fun package! Do the seaweed snacks taste like kale? I love kale chips.
i don’t really feel like they have a whole lot of taste…but i hate kale chips so i don’t eat them very often. they could be pretty similar 🙂
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers says
If only the postal workers had any idea how many goodies they’re carrying. 🙂 Looks like you got some great stuff!
Sounds like a yummy selection! Thanks again for all if your hard work in organizing this fun swap 🙂
Alex @ Alex Tries it Out says
I’ve heard GREAT things about those Powerberries. Next time I’m in the area, I’m picking some up!
Hmm, not sure how I’d feel about seaweed either… then again, I do eat it on Sushi, so…maybe?
Rebecca Kracht says
I just signed up and I couldn’t be more excited. It is such a cute idea! Kind of like year-round Secret Santa…but with FOOD.
I do have a question, though. Do you sign up for each individual month that you can/want to participate, or is it an ongoing thing until you request to not be included?
you have to sign up each month to be included
Rebecca Kracht says
That’s what I was hoping!
Melissa Burton says
My foodie penpal rocked! Becca V sent delicious goodies and even sent a handmade gift for my Valentine birthday!
I love this program. Thank you fellow Dietitian-In-Arms for doing this!
so cute! i love it!
I’ve been wanting to do the foodie penpals. I might sign up to see how it goes. And, it looks like you got great food to eat. 😉
awesome! we’d love to have you!
I just shared your Feb post above on my facebook so hoping you can get some new people. My first month participating will be March and I am soooo excited! Great idea!