These Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are fluffy, chewy and full of delicious mix-ins. They’re easy to make when a dessert craving strikes!
**NOTE: This post was originally published in October 2010. I updated the photos in October 2015 and am now republishing the recipe because let’s be honest, you probably missed it the first time**
Cooler weather is finally here and that means one thing- time to bake! There are few things more comforting to me than baking cookies, especially a tried and true favorite that I know will come out the same way every single time. I can’t even remember where this recipe came from originally. I make them so often I just have the ingredients written down on a scrap of paper, with no title or directions.
These are my hubby’s favorite cookie. He’s not a dessert person but he will occasionally request these so I’m happy to oblige. They’re the perfect balance of fluffy and chewy and are jam-packed with delicious mix-ins.
Here’s the recipe:
Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fluffy, chewy and full of delicious mixins, these cookies are sure to become your new favorite.
- 1/2 c butter, softened (or melted)
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c oats
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c cranberries
- Combine the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl. If you want to use a mixer, just soften the butter in the microwave. If you prefer to stir by hand, melt the butter completely before adding the other ingredients.
- Add flour, oats and baking soda and beat or stir to combine.
- Mix in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Scoop onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
Don’t they look yummy! Make some to share or make a double batch and freeze half the dough for later. Oh and just a little side note- if you have a friend who just had a baby, do her a favor and either make her some of these cookies….or make the dough to stock her freezer. Just trust me…she’ll appreciate it!These Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a tried and true recipe everyone will love.Click To Tweet