**NOTE – This post was originally published in November 2010. Photos were updated in October 2015. I’m republishing them this year because they’re so darn good and I make them every year for Thanksgiving.**
Here’s the recipe for you:
Cranberry Corn Muffins
These Cranberry Corn Muffins are lightly sweetened and bursting with tart fresh cranberries. They make the perfect dinner side dish. Serve them with a hearty chili or make a batch for your holiday dinner.
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (melted) or vegetable oil
- Mix melted butter or oil, eggs, milk and sugar in a bowl.
- Add flour, cornmeal and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Stir in cranberries until just mixed and scoop into greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake 22-25 minutes at 375 degrees F.
A few notes about this recipe:
- I prefer these with butter but have also successful made them with oil.
- Feel free to add some extra cranberries. I always do!
- These muffins are moist so I don’t store them in a tightly sealed container.
What’s one recipe you’ve added to your family’s Thanksgiving menu over the years?